A Few Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ikster

Reaction score
Our 2005 Liberty Limited has a couple of things going. 1. Whenever we turn on the heater the air conditioner compressor engages. 2. The steering wheel stereo controls have stopped working. 3. With 125K miles on it and with a lift kit, it seems time to replace the shocks. What would be best. We do some off roading. Thanks for help.

TKJ

Reaction score
Our 2005 Liberty Limited has a couple of things going. 1. Whenever we turn on the heater the air conditioner compressor engages. 2. The steering wheel stereo controls have stopped working. 3. With 125K miles on it and with a lift kit, it seems time to replace the shocks. What would be best. We do some off roading. Thanks for help.
AC always runs to remove condensation. Next simple question , what lift kit, full spring or spacer, plus why do you think shocks are worn out ? Tommudd

edward678

Reaction score
AC always runs to remove condensation. Next simple question , what lift kit, full spring or spacer, plus why do you think shocks are worn out ? Tommudd
Has anyone other than me thought of clipping / unsoldering wire in air flow control switch to have compressor run in defrost only. I would like to save not having compressor running needlessly. Wear and tear and maybe less heat in engine bay area. I normally waited in my non ac cars in the past. I am waiting till April or May to start investigating. Does compressor run constantly when upper "AC" button ,just to the right of no. 4 fan speed position, is on? I could turn it on 1-2 times a month if necessary to keep system freed up. I'M MOVING TO DRYER, HOT, SUNNY Yuma AZ. No, really I am.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No need to, it does what it is supposed to do
Plus it does not operate in every position

edward678

Reaction score
No need to, it does what it is supposed to do
Plus it does not operate in every position
OK. I guess I'm just going to *** my own row. Was trying to justify my question. However, what would non justify it from not operating in any position as long as all the windows were closed while it was raining?

Latest posts

Members online