A/C Summer Vent Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya it was a 90F kinda day, but at idle, rear seat passengers are asking if this Jeep has any A/C !!
So literally at stop lights or not moving equals, in neutral rev it to 1500 rpm to keep cool.
Question on your KJ does it seem to be PP at idle? Or am I in need of a recharge?
You must be registered for see images attach

The other problem is the heat rising up from jeep stuck in traffic, holy moly..
I am not surprised the vent temp climbed so quickly, after shutting off the a/c as a test.
I should head over to Dr AC-& grab the FSM A/C tech specs, and have the Jeep AC gauges read for high & low side I suppose.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya cooler is good..summer is not even here yet..
According to the factory vent temp spec, I have still reasonable vent temp cooling, see 90F= 55 vent temp, which it can maintain.
You must be registered for see images attach

I am still thinking this system is not as good as it could be.
Lets face it the refrigerant is 15 years old, and I bet I could get it super cold by adding a bit or evacuate & start over with fresh.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not know how you Arizona folks deal with that heat.
I wonder what temps inside a car can reach parked in the sun, even with windows down there..??
I suppose using a silver reflective front windshield sunscreen is critical, before the plastic dash melts..:eek:

randymorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, my car has definitely gotten upwards of 180 inside in the dead of summer. It literally feels like climbing into an oven. I really wouldn’t mind modifying a remote start for the truck just to get the a/c to start cooling off before climbing in. Otherwise it’s like sitting in front of a blow dryer for the first minute or so the car is on.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not understand this Farenheit thing that you refer to but fortunately the posted table converts it into Centigrade;)

I do not want to tempt fate but my May 2002 Export CRD has not had the cooling system touched at all...now 17 years old and the AC works like a charm here in the hot area of White River near to the Kruger Park!

If left in the hot sun, driving off with the windows open and AC on full power soon cools things down.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Bill at idle, does your A/C seem to not cool as well? Celsius is fine Bill, We are on metric too.
Do you have a way to probe/read the exact vent temp after driving for a while, then let it idle for 5 minutes to get a reading for me?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine will freeze you out at any temp...even way better than the new Cherokee. Do you have the mechanical fan? Is the efan running on high and speeds correctly? My low speed on the efan wasn't working after a deep water crossing, got a new efan and the AC got much cooler at idle.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks HJ, Ya good point maybe the fan is not running at high when it is needed the most.
No mechanical, just relying on the 2 speed fan & it appears to be working, but I will check to see if it truly is running at top speeds when it is a hot day again.
Outside air temps have dropped off now to a high today of only 70F or 21c that is a relief from the last 2 days!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35-40 degrees F below ambient is very normal output... But I'd be interested to know the charge state of your AC... it could be a touch low, but from your temps while driving, I doubt it. The age of the refrigerant does not matter, in a sealed system such as that, it does not wear down or wear out over time.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill at idle, does your A/C seem to not cool as well? Celsius is fine Bill, We are on metric too.
Do you have a way to probe/read the exact vent temp after driving for a while, then let it idle for 5 minutes to get a reading for me?

Sorry..forgot you are in Canada and are on Metric. Weird how USA and UK are still on miles, gallons, feet etc. Must be weird driving from Northern Ireland into the Republic of Ireland.;)

I do not have any means of measuring temperature inside the cabin and very seldom adjust the temperature setting...here in middle of winter the outside sun is shining and temp. is about 22 degs. C.
At most first thing in the morning in Winter I will drive off with AC turned Off.

Latest posts

Members online