A/C rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing a rattle sounds a bit like timing chain but it's only when the AC is on and only when you use the loud pedal. Is there a replaceable bearing or is the pully replaceable or am I looking At a new pump

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the pulley is replaceable on its own but the clutch is.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually come to think of it, when my tensioner started to go, I initially thought it was an AC issue because AC made it noticeably louder. Then I took my stethoscope and poked around with it running, it was loudest from the tensioner.

Didn't hit the loud pedal at all to play around, but I'd imagine it would've made it louder FWIW, it didn't noticeably bounce around...I'm sure it was on a microscale, but I didn't see anything major. So just because it looks firm doesn't mean it's good.

dougmac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor will have a loud rattle coming from the back of the compressor, especially after it first starts, if the system is overcharged with refrigerant.

It's caused by liquid refrigerant making its way to the compressor..

Latest posts

Members online