A/C only works while driving. 2006 jeep liberty 3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome James to the forums.
When you turn on the A/C or set to re-circulation mode, is the electric fan running?
Probably the best place to start, is having an a/c shop test the high & low side specifications.
You must be registered for see images attach

James R Couchenour

Reaction score
Welcome James to the forums.
When you turn on the A/C or set to re-circulation mode, is the electric fan running?
Probably the best place to start, is having an a/c shop test the high & low side specifications.
You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you for the info. The crazy thing is it’s ice cold when I’m driving, but come to a stop or sit idle and it doesn’t blow at all.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
I think his info is that if the contained system refrigerant is low, that’s what happens.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess cold is relative to the OP unless it's measured with a thermometer.
The engine produces so much heat that you'll feel a difference at a stop.
Who knows where your location is? perhaps you're in the desert or somewhere hot.
Too many variables.

James R Couchenour

Reaction score
i guess cold is relative to the OP unless it's measured with a thermometer.
The engine produces so much heat that you'll feel a difference at a stop.
Who knows where your location is? perhaps you're in the desert or somewhere hot.
Too many variables.
What's happening is I start the vehicle and turn on the A/C and I don't hear the blower motor engage and no air blows. Once I Start driving air starts blowing and its cold but not blowing out as hard as it should when i put it on high. I'm assuming blower motor or possible resistor. I waned to see if anyone encountered this issue before just throwing parts at it. I am in Florida BTW.