A/c Compressor Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have searched a few threads on here and LOST, and I am looking to bypass my a/c compressor due to the clutch shorting out. I need a temp. bypass for now. My question is: Is everyone using the belt made for a kj w/o A/c, and just removing the clutch/pulley assembly? Or does anyone have a good part number for one I can use? I never saw a part number listed on the about 25 threads I read through.

Thank You

Richard

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Have you removed the compressor... If so, all you need to do is follow the diagram in the thread below, get some string and measure the total length needed once you have installed over all the pulleys.. I used a 79.5" belt, but routed it per my picture attached in thread.. Does not matter the brand, just the total diameter

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48454

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I can't remember if I used an 82.5" or a 79.5" belt... it was one of the two though.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you removed the compressor... If so, all you need to do is follow the diagram in the thread below, get some string and measure the total length needed once you have installed over all the pulleys.. I used a 79.5" belt, but routed it per my picture attached in thread.. Does not matter the brand, just the total diameter

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48454

I ended up using a 80.5" belt, routed in the exact same path as family KJ did it above. FYI future A/C compressor bypassers, you may need to try a couple different sizes.

Thanks to all who contributed here, you really saved me some time.

Last edited: