A/C clutch going bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Feedom

Reaction score
Well my a/c clutch is going bad and id rather not buy a whole new compressor ive seen a few kits on ebay to replace just the compressor pulley which is whats bad and they run around $80 or i found this to just bypass the pulley.

http://www.blurtit.com/q5869237.html

which since winters coming and i wont need the a/c i figured it might not be a bad idea as long as it works. What do you guys think is the way to go?

Any input is appreciated Thanks!!

03Feedom

Reaction score
or just check this thread out...:shrug:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45242

duralast 827K6 <---belt if your local auto parts store doesn't have duralast they can crosreference the belt # for ya...

Thanks i hadnt actually checked the forum yet figured id post up my findings first and see what the opinions where. that thread will definitely help if i decide to bypass it thanks!

sailor422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually had the clutch seize on me not to long ago i replaced the whole unit with a used for about 100 runs fine. just a thought

string

Reaction score
Just replace the bearing, I did and it works great! better fix the bad bearing or it will cause damage to the a/c shaft.

03Feedom

Reaction score
well i just bought the clutch repair kit it should be here within a few days.

yeah i havent been driving it i since i discovered what was wrong with it. been driving my dads trusty H3 lol

DocHemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which since winters coming and i wont need the a/c i figured it might not be a bad idea as long as it works. What do you guys think is the way to go?

QUOTE]

Don't forget even in winter your A/C gets use.....remember the defroster operates the A/C system to remove moisture from the air.

03Feedom

Reaction score
QUOTE]

Don't forget even in winter your A/C gets use.....remember the defroster operates the A/C system to remove moisture from the air.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats a pain in the ass. i Bought the clutch set off ebay ive just gotta find the time to do it.

03Feedom

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get just the pulley for the a/c we took mine off and its bent so we need to get a new one. anyone have any ideas?

thanks