762's - the "Alternative"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moab

Reaction score
I've had my Maxxis Bighorn 762's on for a couple days now.
I wanted to try them around town and on the highway. These I think are the closest to the old MTR's as you can get. The highway ride is quiet nice - I thought they'd be alot noisier but they are fine- no need for stereo booster:smokin:
I had them out in the rain yesterday and they held their ground just fine on corners and higher speeds. If you are looking for an aggressive tire with a more oldschool look but a ride that is real nice take a look at these.
They are sort of a cross between the Old BF Goodrich Mud Terrain and the Old Goodyear MTR's.
Time will tell what the wear will be.
Here's a couple shots on the KJ:
You must be registered for see images attach

Camera lens has slightly distorted pics - I am no photographer.

Last edited:

omGoddard

Reaction score
Looks good! How are you liking the 265/75's without regearing yet?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my Maxxis Bighorn 762's on for a couple days now.
I wanted to try them around town and on the highway. These I think are the closest to the old MTR's as you can get. The highway ride is quiet nice - I thought they'd be alot noisier but they are fine- no need for stereo booster:smokin:
I had them out in the rain yesterday and they held their ground just fine on corners and higher speeds. If you are looking for an aggressive tire with a more oldschool look but a ride that is real nice take a look at these.
They are sort of a cross between the Old BF Goodrich Mud Terrain and the Old Goodyear MTR's.
Time will tell what the wear will be.
Here's a couple shots on the KJ:

Camera lens has slightly distorted pics - I am no photographer.

Maxxis tires are pretty good,good prices also.Those Bighorns are popular back home in SD since BFG can't make a decent tire that will hold up when hunting.

What I wouldn't give for a set of there comp Creepy Crawlers(bowdown)

Moab

Reaction score
They run pretty darn good for not regearing. I just went on a 40 mile trip to get some parts for my Dodge and it was no problem on the highway and I still have plenty of giddie up and go. Off road I'll have to see. They are a great tire for the money. They look really aggresive but ride so much better than you would expect. I could go on a long trip with them no problem.
I was worried about the stereo but there are hardly much louder than my AT's.
I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

Moab

Reaction score
whats the size of your lift

I'm using a JBA Adjust-a-Strut system up Front with Bilsteins and Up just about 3.75" and the rear is up about 2.75" with new springs and Bilsteins. I'm also using the JBA upper control arms. I had to do a little more trimming on the upfront plastic to run these tires but it works very well and looks like a really Heavy Duty stock Jeep. Luckily the rear glass still clears with the Moabs and 762's.
I was at a Jeep dealership this morning and after coming out of the parts department there were a few people checking out my KJ...which model is this??? :smokin:

Last edited:

avalanchejf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using a JBA Adjust-a-Strut system up Front with Bilsteins and Up just about 3.75" and the rear is up about 2.75" with new springs and Bilsteins. I'm also using the JBA upper control arms. I had to do a little more trimming on the upfront plastic to run these tires but it works very well and looks like a really Heavy Duty stock Jeep. Luckily the rear glass still clears with the Moabs and 762's.
I was at a Jeep dealership this morning and after coming out of the parts department there were a few people checking out my KJ...which model is this??? :smokin:

haha thats awesome!...hopefully soon ill get my lift..........

Moab

Reaction score
Speaking of Maxxis Creepy Crawlers...
Check out this Frankenjeep:

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same exact tires I have :icon_lol:

Had em for about 16k they still have some decent life in em.

Latest posts

Members online