7-Pin Trailer Tow Wiring - park lamp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Homeward_Bound

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could ayone with the MOPAR 7-pin accessory kit take a look at your color codes on the wires to the 7-pin and possible meter read on your pins? This is specifically for the accessory kit post delivery, not factory installed. Wiring diagrams are different and the accessory kit is not included in any manual I have found.

I had to rewire once already when I installed the ATH rear bumper. But had to do it again recently and even after metering, I'm still not getting voltage on the park lamp circuit. Only place left to look is at the relays in case it got shorted out there.

What I've metered

Top left - White - Park Lamps (running lights)
Left - Yellow - Left Turn
Bottom left - Black - Ground
Top right - Red - Battery
Right - Green - Right Turn
Bottom right - Blue - Brake
Center - White with Green tracer - reverse

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I think the color codes for trailer plugs are standardised. There may be variations in color codes between four pin, seven pin and, 9 pin(?). I think there are two different types of 7 pin with the difference being round or rectangular center keys molded into the plug and receptacle.

Latest posts

Members online