7" KJ lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We as KJers don't really like to talk about that particular product, it's nice and showy, but i'm not too confident in its off-roadability.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
Looks scarry to me...I don't think IFS should be doing such things and the fact they describe the spring system as "adjustable dampening rate" it's damping people.... if you design suspension systems, from an engineering aspect you should know this. (red flag goes up)

2003KJ

Reaction score
A guy over on LOST decided to be the guinney pig and try it out. He ran into a lot of problems and almost destroyed his brand new KJ. Its a great lift if your KJ is a trailer queen, or a show queen. If you plan on actually driving it, or god forbid, taking it off-road, they crumble pretty quick. The IFS just can't handle the ammount of stress a 7" lift puts on the front end.

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not even the IFS so much as it is the fact that they have you drill a BIG @$$ HOLE in your cast aluminum steering knuckles. Of course they fail to mention this fact before you buy their kit, but hey, that doesn't really matter does it? (note the sarcasm please) JeepinAl (another member of the L.O.S.T. boards) pioneered his own 5.5" lift kit using factory knuckles, custom upper arms, an SYE new rear control arms, etc. but the stock diff. and CV's, but he did have to drop the diff. cradle slightly and i believe the T-case and possibly transmission as well. But i'm not sure. It can be done, but RK just does it the wrong way. As '03KJ said, it's a nice lift, until you use it...

Latest posts

Members online