6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKay

Reaction score
i read the rk 7" lift is a no go but how about a 6" JBA lift.

it wont do more than 10miles per trip on road, im after big tyres for snow floatation idealy 33x15.5

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You will NEVER be able to run 35s with the front diff we have, for one it will not handle it long at all, and two with even switching to 4.10s (lowest available) it will be the biggest dog around. For 35s need at least 4.88/or better 5.13s
The 7up lift was a total joke/worthless pile of crap. JBAs 6 inch is great but still 32s are about it

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will NEVER be able to run 35s with the front diff we have, for one it will not handle it long at all, and two with even switching to 4.10s (lowest available) it will be the biggest dog around. For 35s need at least 4.88/or better 5.13s
The 7up lift was a total joke/worthless pile of crap. JBAs 6 inch is great but still 32s are about it

If you swap in a KK D30, it might be possible to run 35's via re-gearing it. A SFA is the only surefire way to get 35's under there.

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's mine with 35x12.5's and a frankenlift.... power was decent.. not TOO much worse than my 32's. but it takes nearly a football field to turn around.. and the rear missed the fenders by about 1/2inch.. so not pratical offroad at all. BUT it is possible for all the naa-sayers out there :) they stick out so far because i was too lazy to take off my 1.25in spidertrax spacers.. and the wheels are 8inch and have an kinda large offset as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
here's mine with 35x12.5's and a frankenlift.... power was decent.. not TOO much worse than my 32's. but it takes nearly a football field to turn around.. and the rear missed the fenders by about 1/2inch.. so not pratical offroad at all. BUT it is possible for all the naa-sayers out there :) they stick out so far because i was too lazy to take off my 1.25in spidertrax spacers.. and the wheels are 8inch and have an kinda large offset as well.

but come on you know it would not last long, first thing you know someone will spend all the money and then when the front diff blows/ tear all the flares off/ front bearings go, they will be like "well they said they would fit" :cool::D:D:D:D:D Plus you can not tell me that it would be as easy to run 35s power wise as 32, been down that road way to many times;):p

MKay

Reaction score
big mistake i mis typed------ 33x15.5

you have the ground clearance, so about turning circle, have you done any arch modification?

if my V5 is correct the truck weighs about 3700lb and its gonta take some doing to make it float over scottish heather and peat.

an axel swap/ new diff etc are not out of the question and i would appriciate recomendations

as for power that shouldnt be a problem with a 6.1

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

So other than looks on the street, what's the point?
Your own statement that it's not practical off road sums it up! That, and your turning radius has been rendered useless= MALL RATED!
Too each their own.
Looks good though!
For a pavement warrior!

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read the rk 7" lift is a no go but how about a 6" JBA lift.

it wont do more than 10miles per trip on road, im after big tyres for snow floatation idealy 33x15.5

Save your money and suffice, that a set of 265/70/16's on a cheaper 2.5-3" OME/Rancho set up would be more realistic, unless you have unlimited funds to throw at it.;)

MKay

Reaction score
my funds are not unlimited but im willing to put a few quid into it.

i wish i could suffice but getting stuck in powder and peet is detrimental to skiing and stalking. in addition to leaving great ruts around my land which i then have to roll in spring.

i know i could spend 10k on a wrangler rubicon and slip the tyres straight on but i realy dont want to. kj's are 3.5k with 50kmiles on the clock and have a boot for my two great danes.

i have two identical models; 02 3.7v6 silver and just want one of them on steroids. i may go up to 245 or 265 on the road truck which wears goodyear all terains in summer.

would i need lift for 245/70/16??

Last edited:

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So other than looks on the street, what's the point?
Your own statement that it's not practical off road sums it up! That, and your turning radius has been rendered useless= MALL RATED!
Too each their own.
Looks good though!
For a pavement warrior!

socks- i just did this to prove they would fit. they are off my dad's rubicon. i run 265/75's and my jeep is far from a pavement warrior ;)

Mkay- i dont believe you'd have to lift it to run that size tires.. but trimming will be necessary.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my funds are not unlimited but im willing to put a few quid into it.

i wish i could suffice but getting stuck in powder and peet is detrimental to skiing and stalking. in addition to leaving great ruts around my land which i then have to roll in spring.

i know i could spend 10k on a wrangler rubicon and slip the tyres straight on but i realy dont want to. kj's are 3.5k with 50kmiles on the clock and have a boot for my two great danes.

i have two identical models; 02 3.7v6 silver and just want one of them on steroids. i may go up to 245 or 265 on the road truck which wears goodyear all terains in summer.

would i need lift for 245/70/16??

You don't need a lift kit and big tires, you need these: http://www.mattracks.com/assets/images/autogen/Mattracks_Photo_Thumbnails_Nrev_logo6web.jpg

Last edited:

MKay

Reaction score
kj04

i would love some, i have them on the quad but the price for them on a jeep is to expencive when u factor in that they would need the same component upgrades ar big tyres= diffs, steering rods&pump ect

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep saying it but it seems to never sink in
bigger tires are not the answer
#1 learn to drive
#2 get lockers

I run a mild TJ on 31 X11.5's
with this rig I go EVERY PLACE a guy with the same rig and 33's

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I think if you put a 4" OME Frankenlift (or even just a regular OME 2.5" lift) on and some decent M/T tires and a rear locker.....you'll do fine.

Check out powertrax or aussie locker. Or if you can fund it...ARB...

KJ's are 3,5K (what?) in Scotland...is that in Euros? Then please ship me 10 of those. Mine is stil pushing 13.000€ overhere.

dont forget the Detroit Locker, I love it you cant really tell its there and it gives you 100% lockup and its better and stronger than powertrax and aussie IMO

Members online

No members online now.