4WD light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldJoe

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have an '04 where the 4WD light seems reversed. Goes on and off whenever it wants. About 10 years ago, when it started, a lot of you have had the same problem. It also seemed that the OEM replacement didn't last all that long. I don't mind replacing the sensor ( what would be wrong with a simple micro switch) but not if it isn't going to last. Anyway, does anyone have any recent experiences with these or should I just stick some tame over the light?

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have an '04 where the 4WD light seems reversed. Goes on and off whenever it wants. About 10 years ago, when it started, a lot of you have had the same problem. It also seemed that the OEM replacement didn't last all that long. I don't mind replacing the sensor ( what would be wrong with a simple micro switch) but not if it isn't going to last. Anyway, does anyone have any recent experiences with these or should I just stick some tame over the light?
sensor is loose. common problem. Most of us ignore it. light has no bearing on shifter position. Mines loose enough now the light never comes on unless I'm on a really rough bit of terrain.

Latest posts

Members online