Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What!!! you mean not everyone knows how to do gear setups. Ok im going to have a class for people to do gear setups at Globex in toms river nj. Just kidding I cant teach something like that in only a few hours.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Setting up gears the right way takes time, the right tools and a lot of knowledge.
Any idiot can throw a set of gears together, but only a few can do it right so they last.
Also pulling out the front diff is what also scares some since they think its a hard job. Looking at the time it is suppose to take it is. But a couple of tricks and you can remove it without touching the LCAs or anything else

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Setting up gears the right way takes time, the right tools and a lot of knowledge.
Any idiot can throw a set of gears together, but only a few can do it right so they last.
Also pulling out the front diff is what also scares some since they think its a hard job. Looking at the time it is suppose to take it is. But a couple of tricks and you can remove it without touching the LCAs or anything else

Thats why I said I was kidding. Ive been an A mechanic for many many many years. Cant teach that stuff in a short time...

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what would be a good company to get the ring and pinion for the 8.25 and how do i tell if i have the 27 or 29 spline, aside from pulling the axle apart and counting?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the fast reply man, i didnt think it did but on 4wd.com the options list had the 2 choices i just wanted to be sure.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does yukon no longer make a 4.10 set for the 8.25? i just looked on their site and all it came up with was 3.55?

Latest posts

Members online