37x14.50r15 Toyo Open Countrys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to run with these under the liberty, but I'm curious as to whether or not a 15x10 beadlock will provide sufficient coverage without wearing the tires down prematurely. Yes, I know they are massively heavy.

Thoughts?

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that the lift you would need would be so big its useless. At that point you would have to do a lift like the BDS lift they are doing. Won't steer or flex without major mods.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I changed my mind shortly I after posting this. Steering would immediately go to crap, along with gas mileag, along with flex, etc. The 14.50s are too wide. I don't know that I would gain much except the ability to drive on sand without worry. Not to mention the tire/wheel combo would be close to 130 lbs each. That would suck horribly hanging off the back of my RL bumper.

Yeah, i talked myself down from that ledge rather quickly. I blame this wild idea firmly on the beer.

Tjkj2002 was running 35x13.50s. I'd be interested in his opinion on that width. I'm thinking that width may even be too much.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heavy,heavy,and heavy.

That explains the Toyo's.Great tires but heavy.My 35" on 15x10 steel rims was 120lbs+,those 37's on beadlocks would be almost 150lbs each.

MT/R K's are where it's at.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heavy,heavy,and heavy.

That explains the Toyo's.Great tires but heavy.My 35" on 15x10 steel rims was 120lbs+,those 37's on beadlocks would be almost 150lbs each.

MT/R K's are where it's at.

Yep, at 92 lbs per tire, they're heavy beasts. Did your previous 13.50s affect road and offroad handling significantly? I hear that airing them down barely increased tire flex at all. What made you switch over to the MT/R, the weight?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, at 92 lbs per tire, they're heavy beasts. Did your previous 13.50s affect road and offroad handling significantly? I hear that airing them down barely increased tire flex at all. What made you switch over to the MT/R, the weight?
Never ran the Toyo's offroad,was just waiting for the MT/R K's to come off of back order.The rode good on the road,barely took any weight to balance but drastically effected performance and braking(big time).

My 35x12.50x15 MT/R K's on a 15x8 alloy rim are 89lbs each,the Toyo 35x13.50x15 tire alone weighs 88lbs.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never ran the Toyo's offroad,was just waiting for the MT/R K's to come off of back order.The rode good on the road,barely took any weight to balance but drastically effected performance and braking(big time).

My 35x12.50x15 MT/R K's on a 15x8 alloy rim are 89lbs each,the Toyo 35x13.50x15 tire alone weighs 88lbs.

The hardest part about making a decision on tires is that I want to run 15" wheels with 37" tires. For whatever reason, there's not a lot of selection in that range that'll perform well both on and off road.

That's one of the reasons why I was originally drawn to the Toyo's. A lot of folks that have ridden that set have said nothing but good things about them, aside from the the obvious issues with overall weight, of course. Aside from the folks running smaller axles, it doesn't seem like crawling/driving abilities were affected negatively.

By the way, I went ahead and ordered a set of the CTM Dana 60 u-joints.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" backspacing should help, and and I'm also going with Explorers. Aren't you running 15s, too?

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dana 60 with 15" rims and I think those are Wilwoods stuffed up in there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I ended up going with the 37x14.50r15s anyway. A swapped 4.7l HO pushing D60s w/ 5.38s and CTM u-joints should easily be up to the task.

Guess I'll let everyone know what they're like after rolling them for a month or two. :smokin:

Edit: SFA will be able to fit 37s no problem with 10" ORIs.

Last edited:

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pics to show off just yet. Won't be on the Liberty until the SAS is completed, which won't be until end of July.