3.7 no fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Japser007

Reaction score
Hi!

Yesterday I started my jeep just like every day. I started riding and released the pedal for a speed bump.. and the engine failed. I tried to restart it but I didnt start again. The starter was working fine just like everything else exept that I wouldnt fire up.

Today I changed the ckp and csp sensors. No result..
(crankcase position sensor & camshaft sensor)

I have got power on fuel fuse #14 (10amp) and #24 (20amp under the hood). Also the fuel relay “clicks” when you put ignition on. Also the ASD relay clicks.
I have spark.
There i no noise from the fuel pump when i put on the ignition.

Someone any suggestions?
Thanks!!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap over the fuel pump relay and the ASD relay with two identical relays nearby.

Remove the fuel pump relay and with ignition ON jumper female pins 30 and 87 together inside the empty relay socket.....fuel pump should run.

Put a voltmeter over the fuel pump to see if you are getting +12 volts while doing the above actions.

What year and model is your Jeep?

Japser007

Reaction score
Its a 3.7 limited 2005.

I already did the relay test and jumper wire. I have pulled the fuel tank. Had 12v at the pump!
I tried to put + and - on the pump but I didnt start working. So i pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and tested it again, no result. So I guess I need a new fuel pump and it should be oke..