265's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was walking into a store today and saw another liberty, this one a renegade and the tires looked huge. I walked over and saw that they were 256/70/16. I dont remember what kind they were but they were definitely an all terrain. I know nothing about the kj but it didnt looked lfted and it had the factory 6 spoke renegade wheels. There were no people in the parking lot at the time so I did look at the fenderwells, the foglights, the pinch welds and the tires themselves and neither looked scarred from scrubbing. What's the deal? Are the renny fenders bigger than mine? It though it looked pretty tough. I would love to run that on renny wheels with no lift.

Thanks

Matt

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was definitely lifted. And if they didn't have shaved cvs and at least a 4+ inch lift they also trimmed their plastics.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, runnin' a lift. Those are pretty wide tires for stock rims. I rub with 245/75/16s on stock rennie wheels. Also chopped up the front wheel wells. I believe the general consensus is that with stock wheels the pinch weld is OK with 245/75's, not sure about 255's or 265's. Biggest your going to fit stock is 245/70/16.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I am running mild Firestone LE's in 265/70/16 on stock wheels with the basic OME + boiler-type spacer plate lift. Pinch weld & front bumper are fine w/o trimming on mine. It is the same when I have my more aggressive 245/75/16 MT/R's on. A very aggressive 265/70/16 M/T tread may cause more trouble. A 265/75/16 is a whole 'nother animal.

Last edited:

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that there was no way that they would would fit, but I parked close enough to it that I could tell we were the same height. Mine is not lifted at all. Thus the reason for my question.

And I know this isnt that right place for this, but BDS says you can run a 265/70/16 on a 16x8 with 5" bs. Anybody got any info. one way or another? JBA has a bio on a kj with the bds 2" coil lift and 265/70/16's on soft 8's. I liked it a lot.
http://jeepinbyal.com/MoladoGuy.aspx

Thanks

Matt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
265-70-16s are about the same height as 245-75-16s , may get them to fit on stock but would hit everywhere driving flexing at all. I ran the 265-70s for quite a while with my lift and no problems at all, but again it was lifted, would never try it without a lift, too wide etc
here you can see how they sit on an 8 inch wheel 5 inch back space on my old 3.5 inch lift
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock Renegade wheels have a 265/75R16 on them and without the lift I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to turn the wheels.

That's with the 265/75s on stock Renegade wheels and a crappy. clapped out Rusty's lift. Oh, and before my ARB, new grill and winch install.

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My stock Renegade wheels have a 265/75R16 on them and without the lift I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to turn the wheels.

That's with the 265/75s on stock Renegade wheels and a crappy. clapped out Rusty's lift. Oh, and before my ARB, new grill and winch install.

You ran 265/75's? How did that work? Did you rub?

Matt

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Dunlop RVXTs 265/75R16. Rubbed on the pinch weld. As you can see by the photo, there are bits of bumper missing too. They were unceremoniously removed with a sawzall. The pinch weld was flattened out and they didn't rub at all.

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our bumpers are a little different. I have an 02. Is it still possible with my bumper and fogs where they are?

Thanks

Matt

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea about the bumper dude. Maybe Rev Mudd can say for sure or not. But, I am certain that without a substantial lift the 265/75 will NOT fit well.

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im stumped. I havent seen it since then, but I cant figure out how it had 265/70's on it but we were the same height.

Thanks for all the help guys,

Matt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When my 04 was brand new 245-70s would rub ever so slightly on the sway bar and close to the pinch weld etc. NO WAY to run that size tire with that width and not hit.
Well it could be done I suppose, but I guess I sit mine up to use it on and off road just not down to the local bar and back. ;) Any curbs etc it would have to rub some

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Update on my 265/70/16's: On stock rims they will rub the sway bar when flexed, but just barely. That is with a lift.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I see now also 256 not 265 also said didnt look lifted though maybe it was

tibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put on 265/70/16 tires on stock rims on my 2005 liberty with NO lift. i bent the pinch welds over (ended up grinding them clean since they broke). they do rub A LITTLE on FULL flex and wheels turned. they are also great off road. they are an all terrain so not super aggresive (goodyear wranglers). but they DO FIT to answer your question.

Latest posts

Members online