250A Alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

typ0

Reaction score
Nice write up.

To add a little bit of information for drop-ins. Battle born is very expensive, very rugged, weighs significantly more that other LiOn LiFePO4 batteries I have. They are made from 32 cylindrical cells and supposedly if one goes bad the BMS will take that cylindrical cells out and the battery will continue to function in a degraded mode. You can also get them with a built in heater. Expensive, weighs a lot, but badass for off roading. But if anything does happen to the battery you ship it back to them in Utah on your dime. If they determine there's nothing wrong with the battery, you pay for everything to get your old battery back.

I also have LiOn LiFePO4 batteries from Costco. I was concerned about getting these at first because I saw comments about the case being cheap. Then I saw a video where a guy dropped one 5-6 times from a 6 foot ladder before the case broke. Good enough for me. These are much cheaper and much lighter than Battle Born, they have built in handles and a voltage meter. Minor things but nice if they aren't in a permanent location. And if anything happens to them, they go back to the nearest Costco for replacement or refund. Costco doesn't have them all the time, they come and go. Last time I saw them they were around $1300 for two.

Victron does make nice stuff for home consumers. The MultiPlus units are nice and people use them in mobile setups. They have their own batteries too. I've been eyeballing one of those DC-DC converters too. I shoud pick one up before they get more expensive.

Latest posts

Members online