235/85r 16?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slaptastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if that size tire would be alright on my KJ. It wouldn't rub or anything? My Liberty is bone stock.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
idk i want to know myself i just bought my kj with bone stock street tires.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a chance in hell they will fit bone stock. sorry

NEED the lift to run those. Its a 32" tire

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Search function broke again huh?
Sorry first time posters I see

BUT
Common sense would tell you that if you have a 29 inch tire and it looks pretty tight, then no way a 31.8 to 32 inch would

Sorry not being a jerk, :eek:just saying .......

to run a 31.5 to 32 inch tire you need to look like this. 265-75-16s on the one on the left, now I could run them but not the with a Frankenlift on the right (well not right now), so if yours does not look this high you can not get on the ride ( YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE) :D:D:D:D:D
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
this is true mine came with 235-70s so first number is right, second number is OK, hey the third number is as well!!!! now whoops can't win the lottery cause my last two number were different:eek:

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to run a 31.5 to 32 inch tire you need to look like this. 265-75-16s on the one on the left, now I could run them but not the with a Frankenlift on the right (well not right now), so if yours does not look this high you can not get on the ride ( YOU MUST BE THIS TALL TO RIDE) :D:D:D:D:D

Uh oh. I was planning on running 235/85 after my 245/75's wear out. How do I see that mine will fit? I get very minimal rub @ full lock with an untouched pinch weld. All I have are the OME HD front and rear with a 3/8 clevis up front.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
pounding over the pinch weld and some trimming may get you by. Mine is OK since the ARB up front helps some with rubbing, Do you have anything extra in the rear ( extra isolators??) 3/8 clevis maybe OK with fairly new springs. I have 2 extra rear isolators in the rear, in the front OME HD springs, a 3/8 inch think top plate and more than three conduit nuts! Of course with over 100,000 miles on the OME springs they are sagging
in the picture Chris, has a Frankenlift with 3 ring clevis and 245-75-16 MTRs so you can tell the difference

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i run 265/75r16s and have no rubbing at all. Not even at full lock. My fog section on my bumper is cut out and pinch weld is pounded.

slaptastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. Now how much of a lift would I need to fit those tires?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has right about 3.75 to 4 inches

Oh and you do know you will have to regear as well to keep any power and fuel milage. so expect to spend 750 say on a lift, the another 1000 or so for gears front and rear

slaptastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I guess I won't be doing that soon, lol. Again, thank you!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
of course some will tell you no need to regear I drive mine everyday with the stock gearing and 32 inch tires , but in the end you are over taxing the engine, trans etc by not regearing. Also fuel mileage and power goes in the dumpster

Ask me how I know:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock suspension the largest tire to run would be a 245/70 16 without any problems. Depending on the tire they may rub at full lock but mine is very minimal with the Grabbers (only when reversing out of a tight parking space). I would suggest trying that size.

Chino78

Reaction score
of course some will tell you no need to regear I drive mine everyday with the stock gearing and 32 inch tires , but in the end you are over taxing the engine, trans etc by not regearing. Also fuel mileage and power goes in the dumpster

How about 235/85r16 tires with the 3.7 lts, 6 speed and 3.73 gears?? Will it be too bad or very noticiable??

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all fairness, ThunderbirdJunkie is fitting 235/85s to his KJ before too terribly long

x2

I ran a trail a couple weeks ago with a guy that had a CRD sitting on 235/85's and it looked good. My MT/R's will be toast here pretty soon and I'm thinking of getting rid of my daystar spacer lift and doing it proper:)