2015 Jeep Renegade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the 2015 Jeep Renegade? I think its pretty neat looking and has a Sky roof-panel system, The U.S. will for 2015 have a choice between two engine/transmission combinations that are familiar from the current Fiat and Chrysler lineup: a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine (160 horsepower, 184 pound-feet of torque) and six-speed manual gearbox, or a 2.4-liter ‘TigerShark’ four (184 hp, 177 lb-ft) with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Both will run on regular-grade gasoline, Personally I think its too small for what I would use it for and have been looking at also buying a JKU, I am interested to see this Jeep in person!

2015 Jeep Renegade Review, Ratings, Specs, Prices, and Photos - The Car Connection

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ya it's kinda funky lookin' ... but too dainty for my purposes.... and my daughter doesn't like it. ;)

I'll post this again here for reference :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here some other pics.
It's small but cute. I don't like the rims but I don't like the Trail Hawks either.

jim_87

Reaction score
I'm not diggin' it. It looks like a Kia Soul, and a Nissan Cube had a baby, then they slapped on a Jeep emblem.:badidea:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Luke
the first time I looked at the first post it was a link. So I posted the one's from Facebook. Then I see you posted while I was typing.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
lol .. actually I was thinking I haven't seen it from the front yet :waytogo:

I want to see the "Stunning ‘Tek-Tonic’ interior that’s not too gimmicky"

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Fiat simply should have kept their hands off the Jeep brand period. 2 much euro styling?
Solid, rugged, dependable, roomy, well equipped is what people actually want in a JEEP.
Smaller compact, 4 cyl may have a market but in my mind they are feeble or anemic looking.
I hate to ask if a lift kit is available LOL! These truly are not designed as enthusiast vehicles, just something to go shopping in, and with the right tires, maybe a gravel road, nothing more.
They might do well for that use as many never go off road, and based on interior size alone, you would not haven enough interior room to pack all ur camp stuff without a trailer. Which brings me to next question how much weight can they pull??
I suppose for winter as 4wd & good tires, they have a market for yuppies.
People will buy anything, but the smaller new lines,it just wont be me, I'd rather buy a new midsize pick up..and the jeep pu, never happened except for a kit by Chrysler....either...
GM for 2015 is releasing a new Colorado, maybe if I fit into one, that may be my next set of wheels.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:signs16: My poor 2002 Renegade is insulted! What is this crap?! They should have just let Jeep die in peace...

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda like it. I've always thought an AWD Kia Sol would be a pretty good idea. Not sure if I would buy one as they look a bit small for my needs, but I think they will sell.

For the Fiat bashers... Just consider that if it weren't for Fiat, there would likely be NO new Jeeps.

I can already here the Wrangler snobs moaning.:Moon:

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Fiat bashers... Just consider that if it weren't for Fiat, there would likely be NO new Jeeps.

Better none that THAT...take a look at the reveal post on the Jeep facebook page. Overwhelmingly negative. :thumbsdown: =[

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really pretty simple.
If you don't like it, don't buy one.

I'm not totally enamored with it, but I think they will sell a bunch of them. Most people don't need a true SUV,(just look at all the crossovers on the road. A lot of folks just like the added benefit of 4WD/AWD for winter but don't want a big vehicle or don't ever drive off road.
If you need more room for gear and more off road capability, they have this new "Cherokee" or maybe even the one called a "Grand Cherokee." And if you really need to go places, they have a little vehicle called a "Wrangler." Maybe check those out.
Not every tool in the box has to be a hammer.

I would have liked it better if they were made in the US, but it is what it is. It may not employ American workers directly, but it will add value tot he Jeep name and keep folks building other vehicles stateside.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4. That's the market they are trying to compete in and I think they will do ok. If this helps the cash flow so they can keep making true Jeeps I am all for it. Won't own one though haha

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really pretty simple.
If you don't like it, don't buy one.

I'm not totally enamored with it, but I think they will sell a bunch of them. Most people don't need a true SUV,(just look at all the crossovers on the road. A lot of folks just like the added benefit of 4WD/AWD for winter but don't want a big vehicle or don't ever drive off road.
If you need more room for gear and more off road capability, they have this new "Cherokee" or maybe even the one called a "Grand Cherokee." And if you really need to go places, they have a little vehicle called a "Wrangler." Maybe check those out.
Not every tool in the box has to be a hammer.

I would have liked it better if they were made in the US, but it is what it is. It may not employ American workers directly, but it will add value tot he Jeep name and keep folks building other vehicles stateside.

^^^this.......

Dave

95whtzr2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what really irritated me about this until I read the Jeep page on facebook that was mentioned earlier- someone mentioned them reusing the old "true jeep" names. This is what I believe is my biggest gripe, why call it a renegade? If they couldn't build a vehicle worthy of it then they should have left the name alone and came up with something creative and new that the target demographic would enjoy, like unicorn poop or something.

Bottom line, I wouldn't care if they wouldn't have named it Renegade :mrt:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Bottom line, I wouldn't care if they wouldn't have named it Renegade :mrt:

I am too new to the Jeep world to have the same level of outrage as some others, but your comment hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. It might be a swell Jeep, but it's not what I would think of when I heard the name "Renegade". If I were an avid Renegade fan I would probably be royally cheesed.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All companies are re-issuing old names, for the simple fact that trademarking a new name is difficult after 90+ years of world wide auto manufacturing.
A new name must
1. Not offensive to anyone.
2. Could not be construed in any way to be offensive to anyone.
3. Doesn't rhyme with anything that is (or could be) construed as offensive.
4. Isn't already trademarked or owned by any other company.
5. Isn't too close to something already out there.
6. Is marketable and easy to remember.
7. Any of the other 100 reasons that I cannot think of while eating supper.

As you can see the list gets pretty short in a hurry.

Personally, I think the name "Jeepster" would fit pretty well...but that would just piss off another section of Jeepers:lazer:

Latest posts

Members online