2012 For Sale No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpell

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 2012 Liberty @ an online auction. There is no on site inspection and buyer beware. It lists as "no start" pics show a good clean jeep with 125,000 miles. The radio is removed, would anyone
know if there is a security system tied into the radio to prevent no start if the radio is removed. I did buy my 05 Liberty there and after the normal neglected repairs turned out to be a great Jeep for short money. Thanks Greg

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There shouldn’t be any connection between the radio & starting in the KK. If the radio was stolen and the thieves messed with the key cylinder or unplugged some electronics in the steering column, that could do it.

gpell

Reaction score
The column and key cylinder are intact with the key in the cylinder according to pics of the Jeep.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Could be something as simple as a dead battery from sitting in an insurance recovery lot.

gpell

Reaction score
The vehicles' are reported as "'need jump to start" if the battery is dead. This one listed as "no start/run", that is why I asked about the radio.

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
The vehicles' are reported as "'need jump to start" if the battery is dead. This one listed as "no start/run", that is why I asked about the radio.

Not an auction guy, so it was a SWA guess. Hope if you get it, it works out to something simple.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.