2011 JK Info and Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you mean...color wise, yeah. Kinda the same color scheme as TJ Sahara's were.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soccer Mom interior.

I think half the problem with the Wrangler and the entire Jeep line up.... is they are trying to appeal to too many people and the Wrangler is getting further and further away from what a Jeep is supposed to be. I'd venture to say most Jeeps, the Wrangler included, never see a trail unless you count dirt roads leading to a camping spot at some state park.

The new dash can be considered a very slight improvement over the current one, but take out the fake bling and bring back something along the lines of the TJ dash (without two tone).....

Here is another link with the same pics, but the author speaks his mind and gives an opinion that I tend to agree with....

New 2011 Jeep Wrangler Interior | Editorials Blog & Discussion at Jp Magazine

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I'd venture to say most Jeeps, the Wrangler included, never see a trail unless you count dirt roads leading to a camping spot at some state park.

And that's exactly how it's been ever since the Jeep's introduction.

Nothing has changed.

They built the CJ-7 to be a more stable and street-friendly counterpart to the CJ-5. Same with the CJ-6.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :rolleyes:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The players have changed....but the game is still the same.

Though one thing about the JK vs. CJ debate, I'm sure most Wrangler owners don't own an authentic leisure suit.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that's exactly how it's been ever since the Jeep's introduction.

Nothing has changed.

They built the CJ-7 to be a more stable and street-friendly counterpart to the CJ-5. Same with the CJ-6.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :rolleyes:
Yes, some change is good but not the direction the bean counters have been taking Jeep. Thin sheet metal, plastic xfer case shifter linkage bushings that leaves you stranded in 4 lo, cheaper and cheaper hard plastic interiors where they try to remedy the issue with fake qwady bling.... the list goes on, and I stand by my opinion they are just trying to appeal to more and more people who have no clue what a Wrangler is designed to do. Hell, even the first generation Liberty sports a half way decent looking interior than the 2007 >>> Wranglers.

But then if two tone interiors and fake bling is your cup of tea... go for it.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The chrome ring on the steering wheel is what really did it for me.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, some change is good but not the direction the bean counters have been taking Jeep. Thin sheet metal, plastic xfer case shifter linkage bushings that leaves you stranded in 4 lo, cheaper and cheaper hard plastic interiors where they try to remedy the issue with fake qwady bling.... the list goes on, and I stand by my opinion they are just trying to appeal to more and more people who have no clue what a Wrangler is designed to do. Hell, even the first generation Liberty sports a half way decent looking interior than the 2007 >>> Wranglers.

But then if two tone interiors and fake bling is your cup of tea... go for it.

Fake gaudy bling you say?
Like AUTHENTIC LEVI'S DENIM SEATS in your Jeep CJ?
You must be registered for see images

Or perhaps something faker and more gaudy like faux wood paneling?
You must be registered for see images attach

Or perhaps you're just unaware that many CJs had plastic xfer case shifter bushings? Like ThunderbirdJunkie's CJ5 that had plastic xfer case shifter bushings AND plastic transmission gear selector bushings?

Jeeps have always been built cheap and since the 50s have been built to appeal to the urban cowboy or girl. Case in point:

You must be registered for see images

Live with it or go buy something else.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Or the CJ Laredo's and Renegades that came with a chrome grill standard...and chrome rims?
You must be registered for see images attach

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright already....lighten up on us 70's guys.....those bell bottoms were cool back then......:p

As for what Jeep markets as an off road vehicle, I said it in another thread, and will say it again....unless you order a Rubicon, or plan to add thousands in mod's and upgrades, your not buying a true 4X4.
Trac-Loc should at least be standard equipment on all models other than the Rubicon, but it's a 300 dollar option that you won't find included on too many dealer stock Jeeps.
Axle lockers should be an option available on all model Jeeps, Trac-Loc rear / axle locker up front, or axle locker front & rear.....but it's not, and the reason it's not is because the vast majority of people buying Jeep Wranglers today have absolutely no concept of what these items are, how they work, or what purpose they serve, yet they blindly believe that they have true 4X4 potential at their command should they need it, and they do not. The vast majority never encounter terrain that requires true 4X4, so they never really know the difference, all they know is it snowed 3" and their trusty new Jeep Wrangler Umlimited got them to the super market to buy milk, eggs, and bread after it snowed out....they're happy, and Jeep keeps selling Wranglers to soccer moms and their yuppie husbands.
mean while the rest of us true Jeep enthusiests have to dump thousands of dollars into our rides to make them a true 4X4 that can handle terrain a little more difficult than a few inches of snow, a fire trail mud puddle, or the hard pack sand of Daytona Beach.......

Just my rant and 2 cents worth.....;)

Latest posts

Members online