2010 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ledou42

Reaction score
I have a misfire issue and changed CRK and CaM sensors, injector, coils and plugs. My mechanics looked at it no head gasket issues and has compression. It only does it when sitting for a period of time and goes away like 1 minute later. Any ideas?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. How many miles on the Jeep?
When Jeep sits overnight, on start up, is their any initial smoke out tailpipe at all? (indicating valve stem seals)
Has the engine light ever come on?
Misfires can be read by an OBD2 Snap On scanner, and can be viewed live.
Fuel pressure psi test been done?

ledou42

Reaction score
Yes there is smoke first start of the day. It has 158000 miles. The first code was P0303 but now it’s P0300. like I said it starts and lasts for like 30-40 seconds then goes away

ledou42

Reaction score
Yes the fuel pressure is 58 psi within range 53-63 psi.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Next oil change try Valvoline Maxlife high mileage. it contains stem seal conditioners.
Even better, add a bottle of LubeGard bio-tech engine treatment. No more smoke at start ups on my KJ.

ledou42

Reaction score
Next oil change try Valvoline Maxlife high mileage. it contains stem seal conditioners.
Even better, add a bottle of LubeGard bio-tech engine treatment. No more smoke at start ups on my KJ.

ledou42

Reaction score
The misfire went away on its own. Guess what cold weather is here and doing it again. I talked to a chrysler mechanic and he mentioned something about the grounds. Does anyone know where they are Haynes manual doesn’t have them in it.

ledou42

Reaction score
Found the ground causing the misfire. the cushions under the drivers seat was soaked and sitting on the ground. Dried it up and by by misfire. Now I need to find out where the water is getting in.