2010 Liberty Sport Blend Door Issues and Repair!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmp608

Reaction score
Hello I wanted to share this info with other 2010 Liberty owners ..which I just fixed on mine. When I turned on the blower it would get stuck in the feet position only no matter what position the switch was on. Thinking it was the blend door, I simply pulled down the access panel under the steering column ..took out both actuator motors and turned by hand the blend doors. They felt a little stiff so I sprayed some lubrication .It turned out the motor was bad on the heat or cold air blend and not the direction blend door!! Weird!! Got aftermarket Dorman actuator motor for 30.00 and everything is like new!!! Very simple repair...Need a T10 Torx bit for the screws on the motors and thats it!!

grunt3327

Reaction score
2010 Jeep Liberty Heat blowing out cold air

rmp608, I think I have the same problem that you were having. I know you stated that the blend door was located on the driver side underneath the steering column, but you wouldn't happen to have pictures of it? Sorry, i am just trying to save some money before I have to take it to the dealership to diagnosis it with their fancy computer. I have looked the price up for the actuator and it's around $35, so that isn't bad.

Mastermechanic

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem but in reverse. It stays on defroster.....I can get it to go to the vents but not the floor......by the way...how many actuators does the 2012 liberty have??