2010 Liberty Factory Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

light200

Reaction score
I have a 2010 sport 4x4, it did not come with the factory tow package. I bought the MOpar Hitch and wiring kit, installed with no problems whatsoever. What else do i need to complete the "factory" tow package? HD Transmission cooler? Extra fans? Something different about the transmissions? TSC option? Please help.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that on the KJs you need the HD cooling kit. Without it you can only pull 2500Lbs. I'm sure it's the same for the KK.

Anyone with a KK wanna chime in?

By the way, welcome!(welcome)

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
TSC can not be added to your KK.

I think the only other upgrade you are missing having an electric fan or both mechanical and electric...... It has never been found out what the HD cooling entails....

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KK I had was equiped with the tow package and it had both electrical and mechanical fans. When that mechanical fan kicked in it was loud.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
It just depends on what trans you have. My Manual KK only has the electrical fan, but I know of auto KK's that may or may not have the mechanical fan. Which brings in to question whether the dealer added the mopar hitch and sold it as having the factory tow package....

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are you towing and how far? If you want to go to the maximum 5000lbs you need to get it right and install any cooling that's missing. If your 3500 or less, you don't need it. It already has a transmission cooler.

You can also watch your temp guage on a test run with your load. If it starts to climb you will need more cooling, if not, you're golden.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KK is an 08 with an auto trans. No factory tow package. Mine has an electric fan, power steering cooler, trans cooler, and no mechanical fan.

I have not seen a mechanical fan yet on any KKs, even with the factory tow package. They don't even list a HD cooling kit in the Mopar accessory catalog for the KK. They do have one for the KJ.

As far as I know, the only thing you get with the factory tow package is a hitch, wiring, and a full size spare tire.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KK is an 08 with an auto trans. No factory tow package. Mine has an electric fan, power steering cooler, trans cooler, and no mechanical fan.

I have not seen a mechanical fan yet on any KKs, even with the factory tow package. They don't even list a HD cooling kit in the Mopar accessory catalog for the KK. They do have one for the KJ.

As far as I know, the only thing you get with the factory tow package is a hitch, wiring, and a full size spare tire.

I'll chime in here.

I have a KJ (an 04 Liberty Sport) c/w trailer package. Those 04 Liberty's with an OEM trailer package came with an external transmission cooler and the additional mechanical clutch fan. I'd have to assume the 2010 KK's would too.
My 04 Libby has an auto transmission and is rated for 5,000 lbs towing capacity.

Yes, my Libby's engine does seem to roar with the mechanical clutch fan under the hood.

You should be able to either order the OEM trailer package complete or just the individual pieces.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 sport 4x4, it did not come with the factory tow package. I bought the MOpar Hitch and wiring kit, installed with no problems whatsoever. What else do i need to complete the "factory" tow package? HD Transmission cooler? Extra fans? Something different about the transmissions? TSC option? Please help.

Since your's is a sport you should have a tow/haul button? When towing this locks-outs over drive. You should be able to haul 5000lbs.The sway control is not really needed,unless you drive to fast/unsafe ect. Since the KK is short short trailers too.

zoomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow package description from chrysler canada. $750 option.

7 Pin Wiring Harness
7 to 4 Pin Wiring Adaptor
Class III Receiver Hitch
Full Size Spare Tire
Black Steel Spare Wheel
Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
Power Steering Cooler
Trailer Sway Control
Trailer Tow Group

This option features:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Feature: Class III rating
A trailer hitch rated to safely tow 5,000 lbs. or less.
Feature: Trailer hitch
A trailer hitch is the main structure that is attached to the rear of the vehicle, allowing the vehicle to be used for towing.
Feature: Trailer sway control
A computer-controlled system used to automatically counteract trailer sway. When the computer senses the vehicle has left the driver's intended path, it will automatically apply select brakes to regain control and restore the intended path of the vehicle and trailer.
Feature: Trailer Towing Capacity
The maximum weight of a loaded trailer that the vehicle, as equipped, is rated to tow. This assumes that only the driver (68 kg / 150 lbs) and no extra cargo is in the tow vehicle.
Feature: Steering cooler
A steering cooler helps dissipate heat for efficient operation under strenuous conditions.
Feature: Full-size spare tire
A full-size spare tire will match or closely duplicate the specifications of the running tires.
Feature: Trailer towing capability
Trailer towing is approved to specific limits, depending on equipment, as specified in the owner's guide.
Feature: Wiring harness
The trailer wiring harness is the electrical connection required to operate the trailer's running lights and brake lights. Some harnesses may include a connection for the trailer's auxiliary brakes.

Latest posts

Members online