2009 Ohio Adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my pics are here. ( first 2 days only)
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/offroadohio/2009/July OHIO ADVENTURE/
Day 3 are here
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll9/cueball88XJ/Ohio Adventure at Cable Creek 7-15-09/?start=all

Im sure no one here knows what the Ohio Adventure is. We started it when the first Ultimate Adventure DVD came out from Petersons. We took Rick Pewe's advise and started our own adventure. We hit 5 places in 5 days, similar to the UA, only we stay within the state and you cna trailer your junk there if you wish.

Day 1: Roseville, Ohio
this property is ONLY open to the Ohio Adventure each year. There are 3 properties within a 3 miles radius that can be ran. Each property has a couple tough trails that few have made. I started the week in my cherokee. Its mildy built on 33's with dual lockers, and all that stuff. I took out a rear driveshaft, a brake line and a trans cooler line. All stupid, simple repairs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Day 2: Norwich Ohio
Again this property is open only to the Ohio Adventure. This was a fairly un eventful day with some good riding. Not alot of ******** stuff but some very tight technica stuff. One jeep broke an axle, one had a clutch slave blow a seal one flopped over, and I got a stuck in a creek pretty good. At the end of the day I noticed I had broken the weld on my upper control arm mount and had to get it towed home for repairs.

Day 3: Cable Creek - Toronto Ohio.
This property is open a couple times a year to special events. One fo which is the Ohio Adventure.
Before I got into 4wd I broke a motor mount ont he cherokee and had to ride passanger for the rest of the day. It was a pretty uneventful day after that, with some decent rock, and alot of virgin trails.

Day 4: Wellsville Ohio. This is the only property we ran that is open year round to anyone. With my Cherokee still broke I decided to take my Liberty out. Wellsville is probably the worst Ohio has to offer and I decided it would be smart to tkae my 07 that I sitll owe 15k on otu there. I actualy managed to service the day with one small dent in the door. We rans ome new trails most people have never seen I forgot my camera for day 3 and 4 so I hav enone but here are a couple others posted.

These are of when we had to winch me sideways up hill to get em fof the tree the gave me he dent.

I went home for day 5 so I have no storiy or pics from then either. but they hit some property in New Philly that is OA open only.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the only reason we winched it was to get the body off the tree. I wasnt stuck but I wasnt going to purposly take out a door either.

The traction control the 07 has makes a world of differance compared to no help at all and it doesnt see the trails enough for me to justify a locker. Ihave a cherokee for that purpose. I usually use the Liberty to flat tow the cherokee around

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pics.....looks like fun ...except for the rollovers.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave