2009 Liberty Power Steering Gone - Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have a big problem that I searched for but haven't found anything. I lost ALL power steering today, and it won't hold any fluid. The reservoir is bone dry, and when i pour in new fluid, it leaks out the right CV joint boot. I have an idea that this could be the rack and pinion seal, but I'm no mechanic. Anyone have a problem with this before, or could let me know what caused it? It was almost instantaneous, the leak is big enough to know that it all happened today, and it wasn't a slow leak over awhile. any help? :shrug:

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, i was hoping that wouldn't be the answer. Would I have to put a whole new rack in? Those run about 350 online if I'm not mistaken

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to update this, i had a seal go bad, it ended up being warranty work. the dealership surprisingly replaced the entire steering rack, tie rods, and ball joints free of charge. thankfully everything is back to normal

Latest posts

Members online