2008 Presidential Nominee

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Big A, Jan 8, 2008.

Please choose one Repulican and one Democratic for the Presidential candidates

Poll closed Jul 6, 2008.
  1. Rep. John McCain

30.8%
  2. Rep. Mitt Romney

15.4%
  3. Rep Mike Muckabee

17.9%
  4. Rep. Ron Paul

17.9%
  5. Rep Rudy Guiliani

7.7%
  6. Dem. Barack Obama

46.2%
  7. Dem. Hillary Clinton

33.3%
  8. Dem. John Edwards

2.6%
  9. Dem. Dennis Kucinich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Dem. Bill Richardson

2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

You are terrible :D

2. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

lol......nice pic's Hyed...looks like a bunch of "hanging chads" to me....:D

Dave

3. indianrefining

indianrefining Full Access Member

If Hillary wins and Slick Willy becomes First Lady, would that make Monica an after-the-fact lesbian?

4. Corwyyn

Corwyyn Full Access Member

That's exactly how I feel - I think she'll get the nomination in the end but there is no way on God's green earth that I'll vote for her.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's a good one! :p

5. kj lad

kj lad Full Access Member

The main thing is that Bush WILL be out! Before I say this, let me tell you I love America and I holiday there every year and I've even lived in the states, but Bush has done nothing for the international credibility of the USA. The fact he achieved a 2nd term in office shocked everybody outside North America. I hope that whoever you guys vote in will put the American economy and international policies back to the full strength that you deserve. I haven't voted because my view is irrelevant as I don't have the in depth stories of the nominations and voting that you guys have.

Ian

6. Corwyyn

Corwyyn Full Access Member

While I agree with most of what you say Ian (and I'm mostly disappointed with what W has done in his 2nd term) I don't know if any of the current candidates are up to the challenge. And as far as the economy goes there are forces at work beyond the administration that effect what happens to it. I have to say that I'm not deeply enamored with any of the candidates, although there are a couple that are piquing my interest. I don't think they will be contenders but we'll have to wait and see...

7. hyde

hyde Moderator KJ Supporting Member

Update:
    Rudy is out. It is sad, I wish he was in and McCain was out. McCain looks and speaks weak. I don't think he will win. Although McCain is ahead of both Obama and Clinton, I think Mitt Romney will come out of this and might be new president. As much as I would wish Democrats to win this race, it feels like neither of the two remaining candidates are strong and tough enough.

Let's see, if Mitt makes it like I suspect.

8. desertkj

desertkj Full Access Member

I'm hoping Huckbee gets the Republican nomination and Obama gets the Democrat nomination. Personally, I'm of the opinion that I don't care as long as Hillary doesn't win.

9. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

Way too early to call this race. It's not even February yet.

But even if we're stuck with another Republican....

It's not Bush, so it can't possibly be nearly as bad.

10. 501

501 Full Access Member

I'm more worried about the people we get in for congress, they really run this country. The President now adays is more a person to blame if things go wrong. So I hope we can get a better congress in that will stop playing politics and start thinking about our country.

11. hyde

That's right, but with the way republican nominees are talking on their campaigns, I don't see much of a change if any one of them gets to sit at white house. I wonder if anyone is compiling a list of promises that these nominees are making. That would be interesting to compare.

12. hyde

13. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

Oh hush.

This is getting quite interesting. :)

Barack and Hillary neck to neck, with Hillary slightly losing ground. Huckabee might as well drop out, Ron Paul too.

14. hyde

I don't understand why Paul and Huck cling on this and continue spending money. Obviously they won't make it, yet they cannot accept failure. It looks like Obama is leading now.

15. 501

501 Full Access Member

I agree, problem with the Democrat nominees is all they want to say is what Bush has done wrong and make empty statements like:

- We need to end the war
    - We need better health care
    - We need lower taxes
    and on, and on...

of course those things need fixing. But they have no solutions for 'fixing' what's wrong with this Country, nor do they offer any.

If they want my vote, they need to start saying what and how they will fix things. I already have my opinions on what Bush has done (right or wrong), I want to know what they can and will do if they are elected. Otherwise we might as well stick with the same-old, same-old.

16. indieaz

indieaz Full Access Member

17. hyde

Stuff like these:
    I thought he stood for "Change". Doesn't sound like a change to me. I don't want to go into US's foreign policies, but no matter who is elected, the result will be anything but Change.

Anyway, indiaz, thanks for the PDF. That is a lot of promises, 64 pages of them. :)

18. 501

501 Full Access Member

I read his idea's tonight when I get home from work, but I bet there is no real answer in there. I'm sure he says he will fix health care, but how? Does he say how he plans on paying for it? What programs will he cut out to pay for better health care without raising taxes?

That's the kind of things that they can't say. Because they really have no answer. But I'll look at it.

19. hyde

I would like to see what Bush presented as list of promises before he "got elected". Anyway, 501, they will not say how both because most of the time they don't know, the rest of the time they don't want to reveal how.

20. 501

501 Full Access Member

To be honest, no matter what they promise, it won't get do unless congress wants it to. If the congress is on the side of the President, then the promises will go through, if not, well. In Bill Clintons case, even though it was a Republican congress, congress decided to help the American people even though it got Clinton re-elected. Clinton got re-elected, people believe it's cause he was such a good President, but he didn't really do a thing.