2008 KK A/C Clutch not engaging.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheCanadian

Reaction score
So I seem to be having A/C issues, I got a pump and replaced it since the original one kicked the bucket. Got it recharged by the dealer with the correct stuff and pounds.

It was working fine for about a week and a half then just randomly stopped during a trip.

I've replaced the fuse already and cleaned the connection from the clutch to the harness. Is there a relay as well that involves the clutch? Or am I missing something?

When I got someone to look at it they said that it was over-pressured but didn't blow any lines nor was there a leak anywhere. They released the pressure from the system and put it back to where it should be, would this have caused any issues?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Even tho I don't have the high/low side KK specs, I guess my question is: Does it function normally now?

TheCanadian

Reaction score
Even tho I don't have the high/low side KK specs, I guess my question is: Does it function normally now?

Once the pump was replaced then recharged it works properly for a week or so then just stopped. I can move the clutch freely but it still won't engage the clutch at all.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You are going to have to get the high & low side psi, what are they currently reading?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJs and probably the KK use a relay to energize the AC clutch so swap that relay over with an identical one and check the fuses.

The Relay will not energize if the psi levels are not correct.;)

TheCanadian

Reaction score
I'm unsure of the levels since a shop corrected them. I believe one is around 50, at the beginning they said that one was 110.

The KJs and probably the KK use a relay to energize the AC clutch so swap that relay over with an identical one and check the fuses.

The Relay will not energize if the psi levels are not correct.;)

Do you by chance know the relay? I've looked everywhere and never got a solid answer.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the KJ the relays/fuses are in a box under the hood.

Lift up the plastic cover and you can see them there and their locations are marked ie. A/C Relay, Starter Relay etc.

Most of the relays are identical so you can swap them over.

The Fuses are not marked..your Owner's Manual should more or less tell you what fuse does what.

If swapping over relays and checking all fuses does not help then you need to try and find a Service Manual/Wiring diagram for your model KK!;)

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
Picked up my clutch and solenoid off of eBay for $50.90 Cdn
from funsport-usa
Compressor Clutch Set For 2002 2003 Dodge Dakota Durango Ram1500

Latest posts

Members online