2008 Jeep Liberty leaked on Car and Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanmcv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was skeptical at first, but I actually kind of like the new Liberty. Although I like the current design a LOT better, and I don't know why on earth they thought they had to change it.

This really does look a lot like the Nitro, but it has a more modern and off-roady look to it. So I can't really say I hate this new design, but I certainly prefer the look of the 2002-2007 models.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, but not as much as "our" model.

The sun roof is super cool, and I like the storage compartment, but per the article, it looks too close to the Nitro for me. I'm sure it isn't news for most of you, but I would have thought they might have bumped engine size to the 4.0 for the newer model?
Nonetheless, I hope it turns out to be a good seller for Jeep.

dnm45227

Reaction score
no throwing something on top and strapping it down with a roof like that i suppose.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to much like a NITRO......hmmmmm... (not bad looking) I don't know though, a real Jeep has the spare mounted on the back........wait - I didn't say that did I..... I mean I don't mean to descriminate against Jeep models...but that's the first sign of something not meant for off-road use. I gotta see it in the flesh.
I can deal with the IFS.

Of course, this is my opinion - yours may vary - and that's ok with me.

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
I do like the interior, thats for sure.

The outside is better than I had expected, but i'm not 100% sold on it yet. I think i'll keep hangin on to my 03 \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
the front, i dont care much for, but from the side and back, it looks or still retains that "liberty-ness" with the bulged fenderettes, and the distinct short quarter window. no rear wheel on the gate, but it could be a good thing...

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me you would get major wind buffeting off that sunroof...but I would have to assume they tested for that and it got by ok.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm looking at the new pictures, I do like the looks of it, especially the front end.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
"leaked" yeah, right! :-({|=

Whatever, me likey this one:
You must be registered for see images

It doesn't look that much like nitro, look at the windows. Nitro seems have higher door with smaller windows, and looks meaner, actually the whole difference will lay out itself in the suspension, and height.. I assume angles are all same.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, so they share a platform.

Nitro is longer.
Nitro has a longer wheelbase.

Yet they look nothing alike.

Both are Jeeps from top to bottom, one just looks like a Dodge. I've even heard a DCX Executive refer to the "Nitro" as a "Jeep"... which is exactly what it is anyway.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Both are Jeeps from top to bottom, one just looks like a Dodge. I've even heard a DCX Executive refer to the "Nitro" as a "Jeep"... which is exactly what it is anyway.

LOL!!! Toledo Car Show!!!!

"We introduce the new JEEP NITRO" - said the executive while making a speech.

02silverKJ

Reaction score
i would have to say i like the nitro looks better......

but it looks ok.....

Latest posts

Members online