2007 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertPH

Reaction score
Just as a general discussion peeps, why is the 2007 liberty so different from 02 - 06 ? Every where I look for either manuals or for parts I find a distinct lack for the 2007 model! even some of the parts I can come across are so different to the 06 and more so with the 08 onwards. Was the 07 model an in between job before coming out with the newer 08 model ? It just seems strange like it's some sort of hybrid with no place to fit. You go looking online for anything for the 07 model and it throws up a lot of 02 - 06 stuff but when you get down to the nitty gritty i.e. rear window regulators it states it fits an 07 but is different to the one in my vehicle. Thats just an example.

I might be reaching out for something here guys Im not really sure myself - It just seems like I have bought a vehicle with not a lot of backup if you know what I mean ? Just a thought.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It was the last year or a cross over year before the 2008 KK's came out.
Gas 3.7's changes included a larger better pcv system and drive by wire throttle body, with no connecting throttle cable.
Electrically I wish I had a 2007 FSM, I would compare the 2 systems to see what they were really up to.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty impossible to get 2007 KJ Service Manuals unless you are prepared to pay for them!o_O

The Export 2007 KJs also had the CRD models available.

I have not heard of too many problems regarding the 2007 models other than the drive-by-wire gas pedal giving problems.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One reason I only buy 02-05s
You can have the issues with 06 and 07s

I have the regular Dealer Service Manuals from 02-05 ( all full sets with Tech notes in a lot of them )
07s never could find them anywhere even with the connections I have to dealerships who sold me the other ones

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My 2007 has been fine, but I would not spend more than a few bucks on a service manual for it. They were updating things constantly that year and I doubt any service manual you got would be 100% accurate compared to what you actually have under the hood.