2007 Liberty Ignition Coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dog2580

Reaction score
While driving the liberty I noticed it was running rough and a few of the warning lights came on the dash. I was able to get it home and after looking under the hood I noticed the wires on one of the injectors as well as one of the coil pack wires had been chewed through. I got the injector taken care of but I had to order the repair kit for the coil from the dealer. They sent me 05019952aa and my questions are why are there six wires in this kit when I only need two and what are the little metal clips that are in the bag to be used for?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would just get a whole new plug from either a junk yard or get a new one at any auto parts store.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the plug itself is a generic 3 wire plug that only uses the center and right on the ignition coil application for this vehicle , its been about 5 years since ive used one of those kits but if im not mistaken, they send 6 different colored wires so that you can wire it wire color appropriately, or atleast make an attempt to. the metal clips are the wire terminal ends that go into the plug if they aren't pre-terminated. renegades right tho, its a little easier to hit a junk yard and get the plug with a 4" pig tail to it and solder it in and heatshrink the connections

05019952aa is also carquest 575582 so im not 100% certain if you went to oreillys / autozone/etc that you wouldn't end up with the same kit when ordering a new plug as it's a genetic 3 way plug

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're in doubt that the metal clips aren't the wire terminators, post a photo of the pieces and i or someone will see if they can sort it out for you

Latest posts

Members online