2007 Jeep Liberty making noise. Need help diagnosing.

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by BrendenKJ, Jan 14, 2020 at 6:21 PM.

1. BrendenKJ

BrendenKJ New Member

I’ve attached a video. It happens mostly when I turn the wheel. On some other occasions too. Thanks in advance.

2. Shane Giggie

Shane Giggie Member

Sounds like a bad ball joint too me.

BrendenKJ likes this.
  3. Shane Giggie

Shane Giggie Member

I had to replace sway bar bushing on my jeep it was making a similar noise to yours. Almost sounds like something is out of grease. I'd check them and ball joints

BrendenKJ likes this.
  4. BrendenKJ

BrendenKJ New Member

Thank you. I’m gunna give them a check after work if not tomorrow morning. Hopefully can get this figured out so I don’t have to just start replacing random parts.

5. Shane Giggie

Shane Giggie Member

Don't do that. Look, goggle, YouTube it don't just throw parts on it there not cheap.

6. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

I had a noise something like that on my 2002 Export CRD but noise was definitely coming from the top of the steering column. Jacked up the front so I could turn the steering wheel both ways.

Turned out to be the ball bearing at the top of the column was bad.
    Dealers do not sell the bearing.....said I had to buy the complete steering column assembly:confused: So I located a similar bearing assembly at a bearing shop.

In any case you probably need to lift the front wheels and check everything in that area!