2007 Grand Cherokee tire pressure light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own an 07 KJ

My coworker has an 07 Grand Cherokee. So to work functions, sometimes we carpool from our office to another office in the area.

The GC has a tire pressure warning light that seems to regularly go off every half hour or so. The owner states that the dealership says that it couldn't be fixed.

Is there info. in the owners manual on this?
Are there sensors that go in the wheels (like other vehicles I'm familiar with) which might be missing w/ aftermarket wheels?
How would I tell if the sensors are present?
Is there a way to just plain disable it?

Thanks for the help. (did the KJ even have this system available? :confused: )

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
It could be that the life is running out of TPMS. But being a 07 it shouldnt be.
(welcome) btw

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I own an 07 KJ

My coworker has an 07 Grand Cherokee. So to work functions, sometimes we carpool from our office to another office in the area.

The GC has a tire pressure warning light that seems to regularly go off every half hour or so. The owner states that the dealership says that it couldn't be fixed.

Is there info. in the owners manual on this?
Are there sensors that go in the wheels (like other vehicles I'm familiar with) which might be missing w/ aftermarket wheels?
How would I tell if the sensors are present?
Is there a way to just plain disable it?

Thanks for the help. (did the KJ even have this system available? :confused: )

3 years old seems to be right about the time TPMS sensors start to die.
They're reasonably priced at NAPA, should be good to go after a visit with the tire shop.
It could be that the life is running out of TPMS. But being a 07 it shouldnt be.
(welcome) btw

wat

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
TBJ damn son can you NOT read?...but what i was saying was ment to be said like what you said!

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 years old seems to be right about the time TPMS sensors start to die.
They're reasonably priced at NAPA, should be good to go after a visit with the tire shop.
Thanks.
Is there a way to tell which of the 4 are bad?
I'm not terribly familiar with the tire monitoring systems, except I've rented a car with it before.
Looks like retail Napa is $75.99/ea.
If this were my vehicle, I'd be gung ho to break a bead and replace them.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks.
Is there a way to tell which of the 4 are bad?
I'm not terribly familiar with the tire monitoring systems, except I've rented a car with it before.
Looks like retail Napa is $75.99/ea.
If this were my vehicle, I'd be gung ho to break a bead and replace them.

Does the WK have an EVIC(on board computer)?

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol ok well some words are on the tip but cant get them out so i go with something else....kinda stupid!

joe01880

Reaction score
Same here, didn't know TPMS could "run out"....

Costco sells aftermarket Tire preasure sensors for $15 each, not sure if that includes the install because the tires will have to be rebalanced.

If one has a obd2 reader you might be able to reset the computer to not trigger the warning light. I'll let you know how that wokrs out because i have one but havnt tried it yet.

Latest posts

Members online