2006 but New to Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thebluemeanie

Reaction score
Hey all, recent life changes allowed me to sell my ‘16 ford and required me to get a 4WD. Wound up with a 2006 Liberty Renegade, just north of 150,000 miles, small handful of issues.

Wondering if there are any good threads on here for replacing factory radio with a Bluetooth capable part? Any I can plug and play myself or does it require shop work if I suck at wrenching? Thanks!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
I suck at radio wiring too, Thanks to members here... I learned a lot...
Here is the section to browse, & create a new post for any stereo questions you may have. Link: Electronics - Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country
If you have the infinity system, with amplified speakers, it can get a bit complicated.
Do you have the rear disc changer system?
If we are talking the basic system, stock radio only to replace, everyone helped me get er done, lots of good info here Link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/recommendations-upgrading-my-stereo-kj-55995/
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

inflaymes

Reaction score
I just bought a new stereo fro Crutchfield, had them wire everything to harness...just plug and play. 120 bucks! there is one screw on the panel to get out, right in the little cubby. Use pry tools to pry it off. you don't even need to unplug the controls.