2005 Liberty rear view camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eeegad

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2005 Liberty with a tow hitch and spare tire. Where would you recommend a rear view camera installation? Since the license plate is offset to the drivers side, I cant use a license plate holder type camera. Has anyone placed one between the hitch and spare tire on the bumper? Did the spare inhibit the camera's view?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I use the license plate frame type and it works for me...?

I've seen brackets that attach to the spare tire bracket and lift the camera up over the top of the spare. You could probably even fab one up yourself, if that sounds like an idea.

eeegad

Reaction score
I figured out a better solution based on an installation on another vehicle with the same issue. I bought a tow hitch plug, drilled the hole in that and installed the camera there. Completely center and works perfectly

Bill chase

Reaction score
Boltes mine to trailer hitch reciever on top of it, gives good field of view and allows hooking up trailer by myself.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drilled a small hole in between the tow hitch and the spare...the view is not obstructed at all and it's the perfect view to capture the road behind as well as license plates up close