2005 CRD Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been a fan of 4x4 style vehicles since the old war movies and how the jeeps had element of beauty and pure power, literally drive through just about anything. I have owned many different motors from Golf MK4 to a Vauxhall Vectra VXR which i still own and i'm keeping her! Now it's the time for me treat myself to my personal favorite 4x4 model Jeep, the CRD 2008 Liberty. After searching for a while i am not sure what to look for when i come across a 2008 Liberty for sale second hand. I understand that they are not new cars but also not that old so i dont expect to much work to have to be done unless the previous owner has destroyed it, i also plan on adding a few customization's myself. Reading reviews all over the internet good and bad but i wanted to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, the users them selves, the people who drive the 2008 Liberty day to day if possible.

Specs
Year: 2008
Make: Jeep
Model: Liberty
Trim: CRD
mileage: 98,000
Drive: RWD/4x4
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission: 5 speed automatic
Body type: SUV

They are the specs for the Liberty i am looking at now that has caught my eye, and i don't think it will be available much longer. The buyer is asking for $9,550, he might go down a little is this a good price?? or is a little too much?? Also what type of things are most important to lookout for when viewing a second hand Liberty SUV ??

Any advice to get me a nice working Jeep would be greatly appreciated

Example image below http://www.for-sale.com/jeep
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been a fan of 4x4 style vehicles since the old war movies and how the jeeps had element of beauty and pure power, literally drive through just about anything. I have owned many different motors from Golf MK4 to a Vauxhall Vectra VXR which i still own and i'm keeping her! Now it's the time for me treat myself to my personal favorite 4x4 model Jeep, the CRD 2008 Liberty. After searching for a while i am not sure what to look for when i come across a 2008 Liberty for sale second hand. I understand that they are not new cars but also not that old so i dont expect to much work to have to be done unless the previous owner has destroyed it, i also plan on adding a few customization's myself. Reading reviews all over the internet good and bad but i wanted to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak, the users them selves, the people who drive the 2008 Liberty day to day if possible.

Specs
Year: 2008
Make: Jeep
Model: Liberty
Trim: CRD
mileage: 98,000
Drive: RWD/4x4
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission: 5 speed automatic
Body type: SUV

They are the specs for the Liberty i am looking at now that has caught my eye, and i don't think it will be available much longer. The buyer is asking for $9,550, he might go down a little is this a good price?? or is a little too much?? Also what type of things are most important to lookout for when viewing a second hand Liberty SUV ??

Any advice to get me a nice working Jeep would be greatly appreciated

Example image below
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks

I am a bit confused here...your topic heading is "2005 CRD Liberty" ie 2.8 L diesel KJ but your picture and specs are for a 2008 Liberty KK ....fuel stated as "gasoline".

I do not think that the USA got the KK in CRD mode ie. "diesel"

I think the 2008 KK would have the same Italian VM engine as the earlier 2005/6 USA models..if a KK CRD does exist....but I may be wrong. If it is the same engine then the most important issue is that the timing belt must be changed at 100,000 miles or 6 years of age or else major damage may occur!:emotions34:

Best to go to "Liberty CRD Love That Torque" section at: LOST JEEPS • Index page

If it is a 2008 gasoline KK then there is a KK section on lostjeeps as well!

4x4

Reaction score
Sorry about the 2005 heading "DOH" brains in the clouds sometimes. I did not realise the US did not make the diesel version i will have to look into it and find out. As of the timing belt every 100,000 K is not so bad..

Thanks for the reply see what else pops up in the next week

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.