2004 OME/Rancho 9000xl Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally Got it Lifted. OME927/948 Rancho 9000xl Shocks and Struts, 3 Conduit nuts (all you can fit with 9000xl Stuts more would hit the adjuster) 1/4" strut top plates, 1 extra upper and 1 extra lower rear Isolator. TerraFlex front bump Stops, and custom Rear rubber bump Stops.

Waiting on My 31's to arrive. I have Soft 8's that are just itching for abuse.

It was at 17 3/8" Front and 18.5" Rear
Now its at 22.5" Front and 23 1/4" Rear

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 144
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 139

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

It's always nice to see another lifted Red Limited on here.:D Next time I'm in Moncton, I will have to keep an eye peeled for you. Our Red KJ's are a rare breed.....Chrysler made lots of Black & Blue & Khaki colored KJs...but the super sexy ones left the factory in a nice Flame Red. :D

Red_KJ_666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Yeah I guessed the color isn't all that Popular. Mine was the first I had seen in PR4 Red. I'm pretty sure that there is another Flame red KJ in PEI that's lifted too I've seen it here at the champlain Mall 3 or 4 times. It's an 02 Has rear drum brakes. one time I waited for the owner for almost 2 hours went for a coffee came back and it was gone :mad: What is your lift? Franky? OME? Rusty's? There are a few Spacer guys around I've met but they probably couldn't even get a 245 under there flares.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a Mutt lift....front springs are OME (which need replaced) and my rear springs are Rusty's...with OME stuts/shocks. It works good, just the front is a sagging. Waiting on some $$$ to get replacements. I've only seen 1 other lifted KJ in town here...a green Limited.

jgrasham

Reaction score
Finally Got it Lifted. OME927/948 Rancho 9000xl Shocks and Struts, 3 Conduit nuts (all you can fit with 9000xl Stuts more would hit the adjuster) 1/4" strut top plates, 1 extra upper and 1 extra lower rear Isolator. TerraFlex front bump Stops, and custom Rear rubber bump Stops.

Waiting on My 31's to arrive. I have Soft 8's that are just itching for abuse.

It was at 17 3/8" Front and 18.5" Rear
Now its at 22.5" Front and 23 1/4" Rear

Can you tell me the part# 's for the ranchos? Im having a difficult time finding them. Thanks!!

jeremy1r

Reaction score
Hi there, I have an 04 rocky mountain edition. Have the arb bush bumpe up front and just ordered the ome 1.5 lift springs for the front and the rear. will also be doing front struts and rear shocks as well. i am wondering if there is anything else required. for example (bump stops etc)
thnx

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi there, I have an 04 rocky mountain edition. Have the arb bush bumpe up front and just ordered the ome 1.5 lift springs for the front and the rear. will also be doing front struts and rear shocks as well. i am wondering if there is anything else required. for example (bump stops etc)
thnx

If I were you, I'd strongly consider the OME 790 Diesel front coils.
I have a Frankeift with H/D OME front springs and after 27 months I have only 2.5 inches of lift and that's with 16 mm of clevis lift!
That's with a 9.5 K winch and Backbone winch mount.
The ARB front bumper alone weighs in at 80 lbs. add a winch eventually (or maybe you already have one fitted?) and it'll be even heavier than my setup.

You will also need a pair of Teraflex extended front bump stops.
Just food for thought!