2004 Jeep Liberty Sport Cigar Lighter Fuse Tap/Wire Reroute

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cristian1928

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully conducted a Fuse Tap / Reroute in a 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport? This is the best solution I have since the Cigar Lighter stays powered while the vehicle is shut down. I'm looking at the wiring diagram for the vehicle and Fuse 31 is used solely for the Cigar Lighter. Fuse 22 is used for the Radio and the Left Door Lock Switch. Can Fuse 22 be simply tapped and split to the cigar lighter without power draw issues (I am using a dash cam). As a further step, is it possible to directly wire the dash cam into the vehicle?

Thanks

apropes

Reaction score
Anything can be done, but if you are wanting to tap into fuse 22 can/should be tapped to power the cigar lighter, I advise against it. A cigar lighter draws much more current than what the circuit that includes fuse 22 was designed to carry. Hence the reason why fuse 22 uses only 20 gauge wire and fuse 31 uses 16 gauge. You could easily overload that circuit and cause the thinner gauge wire to overheat.

Latest posts

Members online