2003 upper control arm replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogeyman

Reaction score
Replaced bothth upper control arms and lower ball joints, still have a minor rattle on the front, any ideas on what else might be lose?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sway bar bushings or the links themselves ? check them they either rattle or squeak
Also did you tighten UCAs with full weight on ground ?

Last edited:

Bogeyman

Reaction score
Sway bar bushings or the links themselves ? check them they either rattle or squeak
Also did you tighten UCAs with full weight on ground ?

I'll check the sway bar bushings and links this am, thanks Tom. I did not tighten the uca with weight on the ground so I'll do that this am also. The uca I replaced was bad after only 9 months but it was tight in the taper and took four or five good smacks with the brass hammer to break it free. The noise from that went away but I still have a dull knock up front so maybe the links or bushings are the cause. I recently also replaced the front struts and rear shocks and the ride is much smoother.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW the torque spec for the upper control arm is 80 Ft.lbs, with full weight on ground as Tom mentioned.

Bogeyman

Reaction score
BTW the torque spec for the upper control arm is 80 Ft.lbs, with full weight on ground as Tom mentioned.

Thanks a pantload!

Poked around underneath, found nothing, let it off of the jack to take the tension off of the sway bar and found that one link was bad so I replaced both and, VOILA!, IT IS AS QUIET AS A MOUSE. Thanks for the help you guys!