2003 Liberty Renegade Lightbar Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeamusO

Reaction score
The original switch is mopar 56010417AA (per every part lookup telling me the AC wouldn't fit). This switch has been discontinued.

My switch itself works, but the bezel / button disintegrated on me shortly after I purchased in 2013, so the switch body isn't secured to the trim bezel and floats around a bit. I know I can potentially just fabricate something that will work, but am really wondering it there is a specific aftermarket switch that can be installed that will cover the bezel hole completely with little to no modification.

I'll upload a pictures in a bit to show what I'm looking at / working with.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

SeamusO

Reaction score
Added in the two pictures. Again this is really just a cosmetic annoyance and something I've off and on (no pun intended) been trying to resolve since I originally purchased the vehicle in 2013 (2003 Liberty Renegade). When the switch originally came apart, I assumed (incorrectly) that I would be able to replace it easily through my local Jeep dealership so I discarded the broken external pieces, but didn't actively check for a few months after I had tossed things.

When I was in getting the actual mopar numbers a few days ago, the person at the parts counter had zero clue as to replacement options (other than combing junkyards), either original or aftermarket.

Thanks again in advance

Last edited:

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is one of those things I just hunt the junkyards for.

Yeah, it will take a LONG time for renegade to make it to the junkyard AND have this switch intact enough for you to snag.

I have a list of odds and ends like this I keep on my phone and every few months it gets long enough to be worth looking out for fresh libertys to hit the yard and make a trip in.

Otherwise you are stuck measuring the size of your opening, and trying to find a switch that fills it and covers the gaps to your satisfaction.

Something like this maybe: https://www.mcmaster.com/7194k37

Mcmaster Carr has tons of that stuff though, so worth a few minutes to look around.