2003 liberty crank pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novacane

Reaction score
Hi my brother is trying to replace my timing cover and is stuck trying to remove the crank pulley. He's used to it having three bolts The 2003 Jeep Liberty doesn't have any bolts. Is he going to have to remove the radiator to get at it? If there are any tricks or suggestions I would appreciate it

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi my brother is trying to replace my timing cover and is stuck trying to remove the crank pulley. He's used to it having three bolts The 2003 Jeep Liberty doesn't have any bolts. Is he going to have to remove the radiator to get at it? If there are any tricks or suggestions I would appreciate it

There is a single bolt in the center. Rent a puller for AutoZone or other retailer to get it off completely.

Bob

Novacane

Reaction score
2003 jeep liberty crank pulley

Thanks bob for responding. Is it necessary or advisable to remove the radiator and grill when trying to remove the crank pulley. The one we have makes it difficult to keep a bite on the pulley. At least without removing the radiator. We removed the water pump. Thanks

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely easier to get the pulley off with the radiator out of the way though not necessary.\

Do you have the front of the Jeep jacked up so you can crawl under? That makes it easier too.

Bob