2003 kj liberty sport 2.5 Ltd turbo diesel 5 speed bus problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJDundee

Reaction score
Hi ,

On staring jeep runs for about 4 secs then stops and engine light comes on odo reads 'no bus ' .I do this about 3 times then stays running but engine light on and ' no bus' comes on and no gauge working .Askin for any advice please thank you or txt msgs would be much appreciated to 0455900895 thanks.

KJ Dundee
Ferry Operator
Jardine River Ferry

Attachments

• Mobile pics bm vidz 063.jpg
    Mobile pics bm vidz 063.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 2

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery and clamping the battery cable ends together. This is supposed to reset the computer.

Also try a new battery in the key/fob.

Actuator pins in the ignition switch break.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Just guessing at the usual causes.

Could also undo and reclamp the connectors going to the computer since it mentioned "no bus". Might break oxidation on the pins and scratch a better connection. "No bus" is uncommon.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
How old is the battery? A weak battery can make these things do odd stuff. Mine opened the back window instead of starting when my battery died.

Good luck!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this an "Export" 2.5 CRD with the fixed-vane turbo...such as I have...or the newer variable-vane-turbo 2.8L?

Either way you can download the Jeep KJ Service Manuals here...if it is the non-variable model then also download the section "2_5 2_8 Export Diesel" section s there are some differences!

Check all the Grounding points....the Wiring Diagrams will show their locations!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Last edited: