2003 jeep liberty sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangermeyer275

Reaction score
Look at installing a jet stage 2 chip and switch to premium fuel.
Looking at an engine swap with a 3.4 motor to get more performance and torque. What about a 4.7 swap. Worth it or not

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on year but a chip is a waste of money
Motor swap is possible but worth it ? IMO not
A Jeep is what it is, not a Mustang GT 500

Rangermeyer275

Reaction score
Looking for a 3.4 that will perform better than stock.
Getting headers.
Getting rid of catalytic converters.
Is there a way to install a turbo or small blower with this injector set up and computer

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OH dear back to 2004 we go
Headers will give you 3-4 horsepower
Getting rid of the cats will just make more noise without gaining much of anything
for a 3.7 you can not boost anyway you thing as rings are too close to the top
and a 3.4 with all the issues with getting it mounted, getting all wiring, computers happy etc , well bunch of time and money
I come froma world of street racing with AAR Cuda, 55 Cevy with a Z28 302, a blown 427 with a blower ina 32 ford coupe
and have never wanted more power in any of my KJs
They do fine off road, on road, pulling trailers etc , 2 lifted KJs but also regeared best **** for the buck
Good luck on your quest

Rangermeyer275

Reaction score
Travel on the road a lot as a superintendent. Looking for better performace especially in the back woods

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Drive 100 miles a day to work and that is all very crooked, curvy bad 2 lane roads
Then home to check on the cattle out across hay fields, pasture fields up and down hills
No problem and that is a lift, larger tires and gearing for them
My 04 when I first bought it , had a state inspector's position and would average 2500-3000 a month and that was a slow month all over Ohio
Now my wife lives over 5 hours away for work, nothing at all to make a quick run down to see her for a day or so
No need for extra power, I can run easily at 80-90 on interstate and get 20-21 MPG easy
Now since we know nothing about your KJ
maintenance ?
right spark plugs
larger tires
???