2003 Control Arms and Suspension.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tesuzuki2002

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am going to take on the job of replacing my CV Axles as they appear to giving off a clicking sounds while turning with 4 wheel engages.

Upon inspection of starting this I noticed 2 Ball joints boots are damaged an cut open. The front end does not yet show any signs of sloppy steering or loose joints. Mileage is at 142K so it's likely getting close to time.

Also, the front Diff pinion seal is leaking. So I was planning to do a tear down and replace the seals.

I do quite a bit of off roading in the deserts of CA, AZ, and NV and this vehicle sees a fair amount of snow was well.

I would like to do a small lift (2-3") when I install new parts I constantly hit the skid plates and scrape the frame... I don't need much a little extra clearance would be much needed.

Are there any kit packages that anyone can recommend that would have most everything I need to accomplish this?

Would it be fine to put OEM Control arms and ball joints back on and then do the lift?

I'm open to doing it any which way, but I do place to keep this vehicle for a while longer so I want to do it right.

Thanks !

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lots of info on here for the lifts.... do an OME lift. I'd recommend JBA upper control arms too so you can replace upper ball joints instead of the whole arm. OEM lower control arms are like $700 each. I'd buy the nicest bushings you can find and put those into your current control arms. FWIW I'm at 214k on my OEM lower control arms and they're still tight and not clunking. Moog upper and lower ball joints.

tesuzuki2002

Reaction score
Lots of info on here for the lifts.... do an OME lift. I'd recommend JBA upper control arms too so you can replace upper ball joints instead of the whole arm. OEM lower control arms are like $700 each. I'd buy the nicest bushings you can find and put those into your current control arms. FWIW I'm at 214k on my OEM lower control arms and they're still tight and not clunking. Moog upper and lower ball joints.

Great thanks for the info. I like that JBA Upper.

I think once I get in there and tear it down some of it would just be rebuilding with NEW bushings and hardware.

With **** all this work I'll have the option to change out some hardware as I'm going in the direction of a small lift at the same time.

Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You do not mention what year, but as far as lower ball joints get the Moog greaseable , they change parts numbers half way through the KJs
OME springs for lift with either Bilstein or OME shocks
of course longer ones for the rear
all info on here or just ask
JBA UCAs are a great upgrade and well worth it
927/948 springs will give you 2.5 inches of lift and the KJ will sit level

Latest posts