2002 'PRE' - LOWERED SPRING PART #

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sumbuddy pleeaassee help !!!!!!

anybody with a 2002 'PRE' - lowered kj ,with off-road and towing package, preferably, please post or P.M. your V.I.N. so some of us shorties with the lowered lib's can order your coils and stand tall amongst you. (and also to be able to fit 255/70/16's on our trucks.)

CHRYSLER or my dealer's parts dept. are no help in finding this part # for me and tell me my only option is to find somebody with the taller original coils and get the v.i.n # and order off of that.
(They also go on to tell me that if jeep took them off the kj their probably was a reason and that i shouldn't tamper....blah...blahh)

I am dying to move up to a 255 tire but am waiting to get these coils so i dont rip apart my fenderwells.

i imagine that a 2002 renegade would be ideal as it would have the off-road and towing groups. (i imagine these would be the stiffest ones)

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANYBODY

Is there nobody on here that owns an early 2002 model ?????
that can help me get my springs ??

I guess i will have to go to plan 'b' and measure LLL on any used 2002's i see for sale on dealers lots then get the vin on one of those....i dunno

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The following is from a PDF I found on the net listing part numbers for everything in the liberty. Document titled: '2004 Jeep Liberty/Cherokee (KJ) Parts Catalog' from Oct 2003 - this may or may not help, but its the best I could find.

Front Spring:
52128 873AA [ZCC,ZRC]
52128 874AA [ZCD,ZRD]
52128 875AA [ZCE,ZRE]
52128 876AA [ZCF,ZRF]
52128 877AA [ZCG,ZRG]
52128 878AA [ZCH,ZRH]
52128 879AA [ZCJ,ZRJ]
52128 880AA [ZCK,ZRK]

Rear Spring:
52128 869AA [ZCT,ZRT]
52128 870AA [ZCU,ZRU]
52128 871AA [ZCV,ZRV]

(not sure what the zc_,zr_ means)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thats built on 7-2001

not mine, but i think thats what u want

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U the man Bennett

hey bennett, thanks a lot for that pic........ \:D/

what i'm thinking is.......looking at the skinny 215/70/16 prescribed for that model maybe it was a four cylinder or something ???

anyway, u have given me an idea...............

what i am amazed at is that their is a sticker on our jeeps that tell the build date on it. where can i find this sticker and do you also know, What is the build date that they started putting shorter springs in . if i know where to find that sticker and i know what build date to look for i can scour the used car lots for an'02 renegade(to make sure i get the tallest,stiffest offered) and jot down the v.i.n. # of one i find built before the date of change.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: U the man Bennett

f1paul said:
what i am amazed at is that their is a sticker on our jeeps that tell the build date on it. where can i find this sticker and do you also know, What is the build date that they started putting shorter springs in . if i know where to find that sticker and i know what build date to look for i can scour the used car lots for an'02 renegade(to make sure i get the tallest,stiffest offered) and jot down the v.i.n. # of one i find built before the date of change.

that sticker is located on the drivers side door....open it, and there it is...
as for the cut off date on prelowered, anything prior to april 2, 2002 is prelowered...anything built on or after that is lowered...

read more about it here...

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the V6, and mine came with that tire size.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 235s on when I replaced the stock tires.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
technically mine is a sport with the trim upgrade to Coumbia and I've got 235s...maybe its part of the upgraded trim..

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, right in the drivers door, wow , i never paused to ever notice that our jeeps had a birthdate written on them, thanks silverlib2k2 for opening my eyes for me.....duhh...

All you other dudes out there, sorry no disrespect if taken i just assumed that a 215 tire would have to mean a 4cyl. for some reason.
mine is a '03 sport(rockymtn.package, or freedom edition fer all you americans) that came with 235's and these even look too small for the jeep. anyways, thanks all for the help....

Course of action now is to find that '02 renegade on some dealers lot and get a V.I.N#.

EDIT.... HOLY SHIT, i was so excited after reading the responses to this post i went to tirerack.com ](*,) to look at 255/65/17 tires ](*,) and guess what ?
Its not a very popular size ](*,) ,there are only three options of tire i have in that size, all junk. ](*,)

hey SRotblat......wanna trade your 16" for some pristine 6 spoke graphite 17".

](*,) ](*,)

f1paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little off topic

How are you guys setting it up to have a picture beside your screen name on the left hand side of the screen ????

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: a little off topic

f1paul said:
How are you guys setting it up to have a picture beside your screen name on the left hand side of the screen ????

Go up to the top and click on profile. Then scroll down till you see Avatar control panel. The picture specs are as follows:
its width can be no greater than 111 pixels, the height no greater than 111 pixels, and the file size no more than 4 KB.

Bennett

KY Liberty

Reaction score
You won't be able to fit 255/70R16's. They will rub alot. 245/70R16's are a perfect fit with the springs from an early KJ with the off road group and tow package.

Latest posts

Members online