2002-2006 Jeep Liberty Window Regulator Repair Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, where to start?

This item was brought to my attention by a member here and after looking at the cost of the dealer replacement vs. this, I decided to try it.

This was my first regulator failure and I believe the last in the left rear, as this kit is so good.

It took me a little over an hour to replace the regulator, taking my time. The instructions are clear and concise and you get a torx driver with it. I was a little confused pulling everything out of the door, but again, the instructions guide you every step of the way.

For those of you that have a broken regulator I highly recommend this kit, it should be the last time you deal with that problem for that window.

Edited to say, it probably took me two hours to replace the regulator now that I think about it. I had to get my drill and a good battery out to remove a rivet, had to pull out my socket set (10mm) to remove and re-install the motor and the track assy. from the door, had to remove and replace the interior door panel and weather trim, and had to remove the fuzz off of the spiral thingy (around one inch).

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im debating on if i want to go with this kit or or get a new regulator. Im just afraid of tearing into the door that much, and really do not want to break anything!

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im debating on if i want to go with this kit or or get a new regulator. Im just afraid of tearing into the door that much, and really do not want to break anything!

The only problem with getting a new regulator is that you're getting the same plastic part that can and does break again. Not only that, people here are reporting that the dealer will replace the window as well and that is not necessary.

Here are the instructions on how to replace the regulator. At first I was leery about tearing into the door but I'm glad I did it. Take it slow and it will work out fine.

Of course, if you want to pay 3 times more to have the same crappy part put in, its up to you.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timmer, thanks for posting that. I hadn't heard of the repair kit before so it is good to know that there is one and it works.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You have to tear apart the door even if you put in a totally new regulator, and now you have to replace the glass to go with the new style regulator, so its not really a big difference in labor, but its a huge difference in cost!!