20 Lug nuts for $18.95???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Heck if they last for you why not, I still have all of my originals on, tires rotated every 3 to 4 thousand miles plus all of the times I am doing other things to it so they have been off at least 25-30 times so I have saved 80 -90 bucks :D:D:D

Boiler

Reaction score
:D
Heck if they last for you why not, I still have all of my originals on, tires rotated every 3 to 4 thousand miles plus all of the times I am doing other things to it so they have been off at least 25-30 times so I have saved 80 -90 bucks :D:D:D

If you take them on and off yourself, have at it. If you ever have some monkey with an impact wrench on them, good luck in them lasting. The caps like to crack loose and fall off. I'm not sure that those are the stock nuts either. My local shop replaced my locks with new nuts when I got my first set of tires put on. This was like 2 days after I bought it and I wasn't given the key. The nuts looked identical but rusted through the chrome in about a month. Granted it was winter.

Tom for $85 bucks you too can look pimp. Since when it money an object when it comes to our kjs? :D

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm.. if the OEMs just keep on getting broken there is n o point of replacing them with mre OEMs..

So TJ, you recomend the McGard lugnuts instead, had a quick look on e-bay 9.99-12.99 for a set of 4 with out shipping..

Which part number will fit a Libby?

Boiler

Reaction score
Yep, Mcgard solid nuts are at least one of the best you can buy. They have a lifetime guarantee on their chrome, I believe.

Summit has 64010 Mcgards, 4 for 13 bucks.
Summit has 64029 Mcgards (black chrome), 4 for 17 bucks. I think when I bought mine they were 15 or 16 dollars. I might have spent $103 but I don't think so.
They offer about a jillion different sets. Most of their 4 packs are $10-$20, depending on the type. I liked the black chrome so I got em...

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with a good quality lugnut that WILL NOT rust? I'd like to hear from some people in the rust belt like myself, not someone in Arizona or Miami.

I paid Sears $60 for 20 new aftermarket lugnuts when I had my Cragar's mounted. Six months later they're rusted to hell. I need some lugs that won't rust after being taken off and put back on a few times!!

Believe it or not, my factory lugs with the 2 layers never rusted...they just fell apart.

Boiler

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with a good quality lugnut that WILL NOT rust? I'd like to hear from some people in the rust belt like myself, not someone in Arizona or Miami.

I paid Sears $60 for 20 new aftermarket lugnuts when I had my Cragar's mounted. Six months later they're rusted to hell. I need some lugs that won't rust after being taken off and put back on a few times!!

Believe it or not, my factory lugs with the 2 layers never rusted...they just fell apart.

Mcgard makes solid (no caps) lugnuts with lifetime chrome guarantee (ie: no rust) and they also make black ones. 24 will run $60-100 if you buy them 4 at a time. Not sure about sets that they have for the libby, prob cheaper. Check them out at summit or their own website.

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon has some McGard nuts for $1.27 out the door but you need to find four friends as it is a quantity of 100.

Last edited: