2 Kj’s now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T Howdy folks!
Just added another KJ to my motorpool.

i’ve got an 04 with about 90K on the meter that my wifes mom was going to give away on a trade for a renegade. I ended up with that one for the kids to drive around town.

fast forward to last week, and I was browsing FB marketplace. Found an unloved KJ 06 that apparently has been pain in the **** and pocket. He got a used motor a few months ago and spent 3 months in the shop, if you can call it a shop.

Whoever did the swap really did not understand basic wiring and mechanics. Found a mess on the right front of the engine where the parts changer decided it was cool to swap the cam sensor connector and tape it up with twisted wires and blue electrical tape. Can anyone guess why the jeep dies after a heavy rain?

Evap codes galore bc it just was laying there not hooked up at all and lines plugged with bolts.

enough of that. The folks bought something else and wanted this gone as the transmission is shot and using fluid like a maniac. Pin hole leak in the lines in front of the pan and it is a-ok.

So, this is a project for me mainly and my soon to be driving 15 yo.

he gets to learn how to do the oil change and maybe the intermediate shaft.

i spared him the heater core experience!

DadOSix

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
From an unwanted/ unloved KJ to Dad & son fixing er up. This is a good KJ family story.
Sounds like Dad has tools & the knowledge to make it happen.
Do you have the pdf 06 factory service manual ?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do! It was one of the first things I downloaded when I hit Jeepkj.com - saw the link in several posts.

what a time-saver!
thanks!
From an unwanted/ unloved KJ to Dad & son fixing er up. This is a good KJ family story.
Sounds like Dad has tools & the knowledge to make it happen.
Do you have the pdf 06 factory service manual ?

Latest posts

Members online