1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 No Start PLEASE HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodeorussell

Reaction score
I have 1999 jeep wrangler 6cyl it had a problem running rough.I checked the fuel and Cyliders #3 and #6 injectors were not working. I checked power to the injectors and they were not grounding out i swapped them with working inj. and they still did not work i ran a ground to the inj. and they both stared operating correctly i checked the pins coming out of the ecm and everyone of them would ground out except the 3 and 6 inj. pins so i concluded that the inj. driver was bad since there was some exposed wires on those two inj. i got a used ecm from just jeeps here in Ft.Worth Tx. Plugged it in and the inj. started working, So i thought i fixed the problem plugged the fuel rail back in bolted my new/used ecm on and the truck had no power like it was in limp. mode checked the codes and it was a torque converter and auto trans code problem being that they gave me an ecm for an auto trans and mine is a manual. So i took it back and they gave me an ecm for a crysler i plugged this one in it stared up but ran horrible. It was really sluggish and was smoking so i took it off. Took it back up there and got my 3rd computer. I made them plug this one into a jeep similar to mine to make sure that it worked. And it did. Got home plugged it in and it ran for about 2 seconds then died. so i started checking fuel and fire it was getting fuel and power from the coil to the distributer. but out of the distributer only two of my 6 cyliders were getting fire. i plugged my old computer back in that it would run off of just ran kinda rough and it would not start with it either did the same thing as the other computer would do which is only firing to 2 cylinders so ive been on this for 3 days now it gave me a P1698 code which is something to do with the CCD BUS could any of these other ecms fried something i have ran out of all ideas and have a headache any help would be much appriciated. And the tach gauge is not registering any RPMS maybe cam sensor do not know if its related But please help thanks Russell

Latest posts

Members online