17" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatherof2

Reaction score
Ok people, new to the KJ world. I have a TJ but I bought my daughter a 05 KJ Renegade that she fell in love with. Previous owner put 17" wheels on it and the tires need replacing...I can't talk my daughter into going back to the original 16s. Here is the question asked a thousand times I'm sure. What is the biggest tire for this 17 that I can put on with no lift? It is going to be a pavement princess I'm sure. Just trying to fill up the wheel well a little. Thanks

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to know how much sag there is first. Measure from center of wheel to bottom of flare. Stock with NO sag is 19".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^ what he stated, need more info, I've seen stock size tires rubbing badly due to sitting over 1.75 inches lower than new stock height

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The limited models came from the factory with 17" wheels and 235/65/17 tires from the factory just for your reference. So that size should fit the Renegade also and you could go up from there as the other guys said depending on sag.

Dave