16x8 versus 16x7 wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbpf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please help need quick answer.....

16x8 with 5" backspace or 16x7 with 4" backspace

three and a quarter inches of lift aftermarket bumper and pinch weld hammered I am in need of wheels my factory ones have corrosion around the inside bead and I'm losing air in two of them currently running 245 by 75 16 tires going to be putting the same tires on for now but going a little larger in the futurejust can't figure out what's the best size wheel to go with on the Liberty.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
16x7
will handle any tire size that you can run on a KJ no matter how much lift ( unless you go SFA)

cbpf9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sorry to beat a dead horse but if you were getting new wheels and you had the option of the 2 you would go with the 16x7s then? Just really want to do this rite once considering I may eventually try to squeeze some more lift out of the Liberty and go a slightly bigger tire.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I like the looks of the Moabs so thats why I run them, BUT downfall for me is the fact they are 8 inches wide . I'm looking now for something different and they will be 7 inch wide wheels for sure

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a set of 16x8 Moabs locally, but went with 16x7 Renegade wheels after doing an extensive search on forums. In fact today I am getting a set of Mickey Thompson Baha STZ's in 265/70/16 mounted on them.